cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Alert Supervisor when agent becomes Not Ready

afischer1
Level 1
Level 1

The supervisors for my queues have asked if there is a way we can alert them if an agent becomes "Not Ready".  A lot of our agents have multiple extensions on their phone.  If they are talking on a non queue extension they let the queue extension ring out putting them in a "not Ready" State.  Then they forget to put themselves back in a "Ready" state.  Callers end up staying in the queue for a longer then desired amount of time.  I am not familiar with a method of doing this.  I'm hoping taht some else has done this at some point in time.

Requested Functionality

Provide Queue supervisors with an alert through email or another method to let them know that an agent have gone into a "Not Ready" State.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

7 Replies 7

Is this under UCCE or UCCX ??

It is UCCX 7.01(SR5).  Sorry forgot to include that.

i have an exact request but using UCCX 10 with Finesse.....Is there similar functionality?

thomascollins
Level 3
Level 3

If this is UCCX, and the agents/supervisors use Cisco Agent Desktop, you could use Cisco Desktop Work Flow Administrator to build an Agent Management Workflow.  There's an event for not ready.  Then the action could be "Agent Notification" and notify the supervisors (assuming they have CAD open).  For email you would have to use "Launch External Application"

I believe this would require the enhanced license (or premium).

I have the same requirement.Can someone please give me the step by step of how this can be achieved

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

As thomascollins said, you can build an Agent Management workflow. A couple of comments though.

A lot of our agents have multiple extensions on their phone.  If they are talking on a non queue extension they let the queue extension ring out putting them in a "not Ready" State.

It would be better if the agent went "not ready" immediately they take a call on their non-contact center line to prevent RONA which is not providing your customers with the best possible service. The routing engine will select another available agent. This positive action by the agent will remind them to take the inverse action and make themselves ready when they finish their call on their non-CC line (well, maybe ).

Requested Functionality

Provide Queue supervisors with an alert through email or another method to let them know that an agent have gone into a "Not Ready" State.

You would not want this alert done immediately - the poor supervisors would get hammered. Perhaps an alert if an agent is in the "not ready" state for more than (say) 5 minutes. Of course, this now means that the not ready state is useless for meetings, short breaks, lunch and so on - and agents would have to logout for those. Not a problem, and logging out is my preferred method. Just making an observation.

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks for the responses, i'll speak with the supervisors and see what they want to do.  It was them who required an alert when an agent becomes not ready.

Cheers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: