cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Am I crazy? PQ behavior with multiple steps.

I have a PQ with 2 attributes and 2 steps one attribute per step. Step 1 has no wait time.

Now, my agent has attribute 1 and is ready the call arrives because of step 1. However, if the agent is in not ready, the call queues, the agent goes ready the call never arrives because step 1 was skipped and you're now only on step 2. I always thought that as the steps are evaluated they make the agent pool bigger. However, in this scenario step 1 is ignored. I've tested this on PCCE 12.5 and UCCE 12. Can anyone confirm this with a different version? Has this always worked like this and I just missed it? A fix is to set attribute 1 in step 2 too, but it just goes against everything I've believed.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/icm_enterprise/icm_enterprise_11_6_1/Configuration/Guide/ucce_b_ucce-features-guide/ucce_b_ucce-features-guide_chapter_0111.html

"The overarching idea is that customer will use each successive step to expand the pool of available agents. Eventually, when you reach the "last" step (the step with the highest number), the call is waiting in a potentially very large pool of agents. With each extra step, the chances of the call being handled increase. This also puts the most valuable and skilled agents in the earlier precision queue steps. Calls come to them first before moving on the less appropriate agents in later steps."

4 Replies 4

I am not a mental health professional, so I can't speak to your sanity. I can say that the fact you are a fellow lover of contact center technology then it certainly means you are predisposed to insanity. 

With that said, you are completely correct. You have to include the previous attributes in each step or it won't continue to queue them. 

Now we can both take this opportunity to cut angry eyes toward Cisco. 

Piyush Verma
Level 4
Level 4

@david - Hi there. Thats how the PQ actually works. From top to the bottom - call goes to every step (may be skip a step if it doesnt meet the pre-defined consider IF condition) and only queues to a step if there is wait-time defined. In PQ queuing, call is meant to queue at the very last step as long as Router allows - thats why it's recommended that your last step should include all the expressions/attributes you want this call to be delivered, because once call leaves a step it's gone and can never go back.

Something like this

Sales>=7

Sales>=5

Sales>=1

Thanks everyone for setting me straight. Not sure where this thinking came to be, but I will not forget it. In hindsight it does seem like the document sounds like it should work like I imagined it, but the onus is on the person configuring to keep adding old and new attributes as steps are being added.

This is especially "fun" to run into when you have someone who adds a step to the PQ thinking it is expanding the search criteria like you outlined, only to find it blew them up since they had a lot less, not more, people available to answer the call. I try and tell them now to take a look at the # Agents (Config) column in the PQ for the last step, since that represents truly who the call will queue for.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: