Views
Helpful
Replies

AMA Forum- Design deployment and troubleshooting Cisco finesse in UCCX

Community Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ask Me Anything Forum

Architecture, design deployment and troubleshooting of Cisco finesse in Unified Contact Center Express

Cisco Finesse is a next-generation agent and supervisor desktop designed to provide a collaborative experience for the various communities that interact with your customer service organization. It also helps improve the customer experience while offering a user-centric design to enhance customer care representative satisfaction. Join our experts in the Ask Me Anything session to help you to unfold the secrets of Cisco Finesse functionalities, customizations and troubleshooting tips.

To participate in this event, please use the reply.jpg button below to ask your questions

Ask questions from Wednesday, April 27 to Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Our experts

photo_stabasum.jpgSabiya Tabasum is a Technical Consulting Engineer with the Contact Center Backbone team in the Asia Pacific time zone. She has been associated with UCCX TAC and worked Finesse Deployments, BOSH and XMPP connectivity and Cisco Finesse Gadgets & Finesse JavaScript Library API its association with UCCX and troubleshooting and remediating finesse issues for customers. She is deeply involved in working on the Frontend development and works on JavaScript and CSS. She holds a Bachelor of Technology in Information Technology. She holds the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) and DevNet certifications.

photo_andewedi.pngAnupam Dewedi is a Technical Consulting Engineer with the Contact Center Backbone team in the Asia Pacific time zone. He has around 5 years of Cisco Unified Collaboration experience. He is currently associated with UCCX TAC and has previously been part of Multiservice TAC Team. His skills include vast understanding of Cisco Collaboration Suite. He is working closely on Cisco Finesse with the design, integrations, and customizations. He holds a bachelor’s degree in Electronics and Communications

For more information please visit; Collaboration / Contact Center sub-category.

* This event is free and open to all audiences, including business partners, network and telecommunications engineers, students, and Cisco customers.

37 Replies 37

@Anupam_Dewedi is this change in behavior limited to UCCX, or is this also changed in CCE in 12.X?

Also, is there any consideration of providing an option to let customers change it back to the previous setup?

So that that if customer liked having the agent see all of the details when in ringing as opposed to waiting until it is answered, that they can.

@bill.king1 The structuring of Finesse UI has enabled some changes which are common in UCCX and UCCE. The popover service has been introduced for both the products. 

Cisco Finesse voice component and gadgets hosting digital services uses the finesse.containerservices.PopoverService (JSON compliant) to display a popover for incoming calls and chat events.

https://developer.cisco.com/docs/finesse/#!popover-service/actiondata

As mentioned in previous replies, Popover with configured customer details appear with the Answer button. These customer details (call variables) can be configured via the Finesse Desktop Layout in the Admin console.

As of now, we do not have options to change the popover mechanism back to functioning as in previous versions, however this can be taken as an enhancement request as per your requirements if needed. This needs to taken up by contacting our developers team by opening a case at https://developer.cisco.com/ .

Hi @Anupam_Dewedi , I don't think the request/ask is to change the popover enhancement, I think the question is, do you have any way of changing the native Finesse display to show the enterprise variables before the call is answered, like it is in version 11.6 for instance? Or is this change to show it only after the call is answered permanent and cannot be changed?

If so, is it documented somewhere in a release note?

And is there some type of visual example of the before/after of this change somewhere, so customers can understand the difference once they upgrade?

@bill.king1 there is no way of changing the native Finesse display to show the enterprise variables before the call is answered since the last Finesse UI refresh. This change is as you pointed to show it only after the call is answered permanent and cannot be changed.

The changes have been highlighted in the release notes for 12.0

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/finesse/finesse_1201/user/guide/cfin_b_1201-cisco-finesse-desktop-userguide/cfin_b_1201-cisco-finesse-desktop-userguide_chapter_010.html#task_DADE69642C522B41EC264F0CCD62...

Answer a Call

You must be in Ready state to be available for customer calls. When a call arrives at the desktop, your state automatically changes to Reserved. A popover notification with configured customer details is displayed with the Answer button.

While the old behavior is documented in the respective versions guide:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_11_6/user/guide/uccx_b_uccx-finesse-agent-supervior-desktop/uccx_b_uccx-finesse-agent-supervior-desktop_chapter_010.html#CFIN_TK_A1EF9F89_00

Answer a Call

You must be in Ready state to be available for customer calls. When a call arrives at the desktop, your state automatically changes to Reserved. The call control area expands to show the call variables configured for your system.

Visual changes are not re-presented however i have attached the same in this response for reference.

jcalloway
Level 1
Level 1

After updating to MacOS Monterey v12.3.1 (21E258) users are not able load or see live reports in any update browser including Safari, Chrome, FF, Brave, etc. The headers just say "Loading Report..."

Any insight or suggestions are appreciated.

@jcalloway can you please confirm your UCCX Version ? Is that happening for all your Historical Reports and Live Data Reports. 

Cisco Finesse v11.6(1)

@jcalloway Thanks for sharing the version details. Based on the symptom, you might be affected by Cisco Bug#https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvj79877

Can you confirm if the suggested cop file is already installed and if the issue persists ? If not, please perform the workaround as per the bug mentioned.

If the issue still persists, please share the following details:

1. show version active (UCCX PUB and SUB node)

2. Login to CUIC > Navigate to Settings> Datasources and let me know the status of all the 3 datasources. 

3. Brave is not a recommended browser for CUIC, however once applying the patch get the browser cache and cookies cleared and check the reports again. 

4. Ensure the pop-ups are allowed for CUIC to be able to accept the certificates prompted for. 

Sorry for my late response. I was out of the office with COVID. We will apply the patch and if that does not work we will try the workaround you suggested. Thank you for the suggestions!

Hi Jcalloway,

Please let me understand the Exact UCCX version.

Earl-T
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

We use the "SendEmail" feature in IVR as a callback option for callers to request a callback which works very good. Agents share a mailbox and sorts the callers query from there.

We are moving away from mailboxes and such in the business so we need to think ahead of another solution for these callbacks. Using CTI ports to "hold" the callbacks is not possible due to the high amount of calls. 

My question is, would it be possible for the IVR collect information such as number, account number, called number and inputs done by the caller etc and send it to a gadget in finesse? So that agents can do callbacks from finesse instead if you understand what I mean. 

Would have been much simpler if they can just use finesse for everything. 

Sabiya Tabasum
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Earl-T,

There can be changes made in the script steps and to ask the caller to enter number, account number, called number into variables that will be there in the script which will be running onto the IVR, these variable data can then be pushed to the Finesse gadget to showcase the data, but unfortunately there is no inbuilt feature as such in the latest versions of UCCX.
But it is an achievable task ,
there is a Cisco experts community that you can get in contact with; and they will gladly assist you on this matter. Also, the best channel for you to get assistance in this specific area will be through your Cisco Account Manager.

Please feel free to contact him at your earliest convenience and ask him to engage one of the many Cisco partners that develop scripts for UCCX.

The normal support channels for custom scripting are:

1. Your local Cisco Partner or Cisco Advanced Services (available via your local Cisco Account Team).

2. Cisco Developer support - http://developer.cisco.com/. You will need a Cisco Developer contract for this service.

3. UCCX scripting best-effort support is provided on the Contact Center Cisco Forum which can be found here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/collaboration-voice-video/contact-center

Also, in the following link, you could find the different scripting guides
for each UCCX version:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_programming_reference_guides_list.html

DevNet Developer Support - chat support:

https://developer.cisco.com/site/support/

DevNet Developer Support:

Home  :    https://developer.cisco.com/site/support/

How to Open a case ?

https://developer.cisco.com/docs/devnet-support/#!how-to-open-a-case/how-to-open-a-case

mfischer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am not sure if it is a finesse issue, but hey I found this event and I give it a try.

Just one of my agents is seeing the old team members and the new team members in the Team Summary Report Tab in Finesse.

It is like a summary of the old and the new team.

Version UCCX 12.5.1  SU1 ES03.

My steps till now:

Log Out/Log In

Erasing Browser Cache,

Synchronized CUIC Cluster

Unassociate IPCC Extension in UCM and reassociate it.

Reconfigure the team in UCCX for that resource.

No errors in utils dbreplication runtimestate

Nothing seeable for me in utils uccx database dbserver integrity

Restarted UCCX Cluster

Reestablished CUIC Cluster

Next step for me is to try to reconfigure a testaccount to have the same issue, to be able to troubleshoot without the need for the real agent account. (Will try that tomorrow)

Additional info: We slightly changed the team summary report, but nothing major, and it works for all 300 , but not for one.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated ;-).

Best Regards

Martin

@mfischer thanks for raising the concern. If i understand it correct 1 user sees data for old and new users in the Team summary report. 

Reporting usually will be pulled up from CUIC and is accordingly displayed on Finesse.

* Is this affected user a supervisor ? 

* Login to the CUIC as this affected user and try and run the Team summary report. Check for the available filters to choose from on CUIC. Do you see the old agents present in the available filters ?

*If yes, please check the permissions of the Value List and Collections for this affected user against one of the working users. 

Try and remove the permissions to the collections of the names of the old user and that should fix the report data for this user on finesse as well. 

Thanks for your suggestions, no it is just a agent, and I looked up if there are any special permissions on the UCCXTeamNames Value List, but there were none.

But

The issue is solved now.

Steps to resolve it:

Reconfigure the agent to a test team-> still seeing the old teammembers

Reconfigure the agent to the old team-> still seeing the old teammembers (which is ok)

Reconfigure the agent to the new team-> no old teammembers any more

Have a good day.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: