Views
Helpful
Replies

Analog Voice Gateway VG224. Call Recording

toekon1988
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

Is there ability to record calls on alalog phones connected to CUCM via VG224?

4 Replies 4

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What recording solution are you using there??

Regards

Deepak

Hello!

Currently I choose right solution. Initially I thought to use third-party solution, but I didn't find anything, which could record call from analog gateways.

I'd like to know, can I record calls from analog gateways using Medisense with CUBE dial-peer? Or maybe there are something else?

I don't think so, as voip based recording sees the same IP address for all devices from analog GW and there would be no way to distinguish each call from each other.  There may be some analog based recording solutions out there to tap to each analog line, but I am not aware of one.

I assumed the same, but I began to think about Mediasence because of article:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/mediasense/10/srnd/CUMS_BK_MC36D963_00_mediasense-srnd_chapter_0111.html

Where I've read:

"One of the great advantages of using CUBE to fork media is its ability to capture the entire conversation from the caller perspective, no matter where the call goes inside the enterprise. This includes contact center agents, non-contact center personnel, IVR systems, and even users on non-Cisco ACD and PBX systems. "

I understand something wrong?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: