cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Any idea on how to pass AgentID to 3rd party system in PostCallSurvey

smeegada1
Spotlight
Spotlight

Any idea on how to pass AgentID to 3rd party system in PostCallSurvey. After multiple testing and TAC cases we learned Cisco is still working on enhancements to pass any updated call variables in PCS. Initial plan was to use callvariables update AgentID using UpdateGadget and then check for the agentID in PCS script but unfortunately Cisco mentioned in PCS flow  the call context was when transferred to the agent but any updates to variables at agent will be ignored so cant use UpdateGadgets.We also need to handle Conference scenario to send AgentID of last AgentID in the call.

Any help is appreciated.

6 Replies 6

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Sorry, I don't have an answer or any suggestions for you. Hopefully someone in the community does!

Thanx,

Denise

I think your only option is to update the 3rd party system "out of band". Run a job that goes to the UCCX DB pulls the records and then pushes the agent IDs to the PCS 3rd party system. I don't think you have any other options... Well, what if you have a custom gadget which sends the PCS system its agent ID, the call ID, and time or call every time a new call arrives. Then merge these two tables to figure out who was the last agent to handled the call.

david

Hi David,

Thanks for your response.I am thinking the similar kind of solution but TCD table is having delay to update call recordsso CVP app returning no records and analyzing whether the solution works correctly. 

- When agent end call while in PCS script, using CVP app take a CallID look at the TCD table

- Look for AgentPeripheralNumber column and pass it back to script

I am also thinking of using a gadget to update in different DB when call arrives but in case of conference we are unable to figure out which agent(Agent1 or Agent2) is last dropped.

Any suggestions would be great help.Thanks.

Thanks,

Sreeni

Doing this in CVP is not going to work, like you said the data is not available fast enough and hitting the AW or HDS directly is frowned upon by Cisco. So that leaves us with the gadget idea. What you could do is have the gadget update a DB when a call arrives and when a call drops. So on a conference you would have multiple entries and you just attribute the call to the last entry.

david

PTS
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi

If you are open to 3rd party applications you can write to info@parsec-tech.com for a solution to your requirement mentioned above.

PARSEC TELESYSTEMS is a "Cisco Preferred Solution Partner" providing off the shelf applications & customized application integration services to clients across the globe in Cisco Enterprise & Cisco Contact Center domain.

www.parsec-techcom

Thanks for reaching.We were able to fix implement this logic with custom code.

Thanks,

Sreeni

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: