cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Any plans for Finesse to Support an All Event Client?

Gerry O'Rourke
Spotlight
Spotlight

I can see that today Finesse does not support an All Event Client.

Answered clearly here: CTI OS to REST & XMPP API migration

"Finesse isn't meant to be a monitoring tool and therefore users can only view their own dialogs and supervisors can view the agent's user changes. Finesse doesn't support one user to is subscribed to ALL agents' events. For this, I suggest the CTI protocol."

Do Cisco have any roadmap to support this or do we believe CTI Server will be the only option for the foreseeable future?

Regards,

Gerry

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Gerry,

I am not aware of any plans in the roadmap for an all event client support. So, at least for the near future, the CTI server will be the only option.

Thanx,

Denise

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Gerry,

I am not aware of any plans in the roadmap for an all event client support. So, at least for the near future, the CTI server will be the only option.

Thanx,

Denise

Thanks Denise. Greatly appreciated and this was as I expected.

Looking at the the Finesse Notifications design - you would think it would not be too difficult to add an all event client.

its similar to a supervisor role but for all teams (and even agents in no teams).

Limit the maximum number of all event subscribers to the notfication serviuce - and also document the reduction in capacity that these subscribers woudl have.

e.g. with a single all event monitor - Finesse server support ~1500 agents instead of 2000, with 2 it supports 1250 agents etc.

This woudl seem a really good idea - instead of expecting 3rd party developers to integrate with the CTI server,

Especially since Cisco had been recommending that developers migrate aawy from using the CTI server and to use the CTIOS server for many years and not its back to the CTI server...

Gerry

Hi Gerry,

I will unofficially say that it is completely possible and there are people who do it, but it is unsupported. As you pointed out, it would require a reduction in capacity because an all event subscription would be getting a lot more notification than one user.

At this point in time, the team is trying to make Finesse a solid agent desktop, then explore other gaps afterwards.

Thanx,

Denise

How can i integrate with the CTI server ?

to someone succeeded ?

Hi,

To integrate with the CTI server, you have to use the CTI Protocol.

For CCE: https://developer.cisco.com/site/cti-protocol/overview/

For CCX: https://developer.cisco.com/docs/contact-center-express/#!cti-protocol-overview

Thanx,

Denise

Thanks but the first link give 404 .

33333.PNG

My platform is ucce 11.5

The link works for me. Try to refresh the page.

Yes you are right now I see I tried to open a new tab

Yes you are right now I see I tried to open a new tab

Do you know if CTIOS use this protocol ?

Finesse uses this protocol. I'm not 100% about CTIOS, but most likely.

Thank you and I wanted to tell you that you are doing a great job.

Thanks again for the help.

Maybe you know where can i download CTIOS ?  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: