cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Any way to "bulk" populate variables in CCX?

joshuamarsh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, Netpros.

I'm getting ready to start on a customer application that is going to have a couple of scripts w/ a couple of hundred prompts each which will need to be created as variables.  Has anybody figured out a clever way to do this in bulk?  I'm not looking forward to this typing expedition.  I have prompt verbiage already set in a spreadsheet w/ prompt name and value in separate columns.

Thanks!

Joshua

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tanner Ezell
Level 4
Level 4

Hmm, email reply for the support forums seems to be unreliable at the moment. Here's the body from my original message:

Can you please elaborate further, I'm not sure I understand what you are asking.

In any case, it may be prudent to revise your scripts to allow a lazier method of prompt calling.
For example, you can put all the prompts in an xml document, and using the xml steps walk through them. Or load them into an array. Or load them into a dictionary (using Java - requires premium license, haven't personally tried this).
----
After re-reading your problem I think your best option is to look at the design of your script and modify it to accommodate your end objectives.

Tanner Ezell www.ctilogic.com

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

joshuamarsh
Level 1
Level 1

Bump.  Anthony, are you out there?  You always have an answer . . .

Tanner Ezell
Level 4
Level 4

Hmm, email reply for the support forums seems to be unreliable at the moment. Here's the body from my original message:

Can you please elaborate further, I'm not sure I understand what you are asking.

In any case, it may be prudent to revise your scripts to allow a lazier method of prompt calling.
For example, you can put all the prompts in an xml document, and using the xml steps walk through them. Or load them into an array. Or load them into a dictionary (using Java - requires premium license, haven't personally tried this).
----
After re-reading your problem I think your best option is to look at the design of your script and modify it to accommodate your end objectives.

Tanner Ezell www.ctilogic.com

Thanks, Tanner.