Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Application certificate error during upload on Finesse

Hi Folks,

We have signed certifcates from Certificate Authority and trying to upload them on finesse server 11.6 and able to upload the Root & Intermediate certificates but while uploading the application certificate it gives the following error.

"File '/usr/local/platform/.security/tomcat/keys/tomcat.csr' does not exist"

I have tried to run the following command to check the available certificates and the results seems this tomcat.csr doesn't exist. 

show cert list own

"tomcat/tomcat.pem: Certificate Signed by DigiCert Global Root CA
tomcat-ECDSA/tomcat-ECDSA.pem: Self-signed certificate generated by system
ipsec/ipsec.pem: Self-signed certificate generated by system
authz/authz.pem: Self-signed certificate generated by system"

Thanks 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Folks,

As a quick solution i have regenerated the CSR using the cli command line i could see there was no CSR there. Got signed certificate and uploaded. Finesse is fine now.

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Slavik Bialik
Level 7
Level 7

By the looks of this error, it seems like you didn't even created a CSR in the Finesse security management page. And if I'm right so YOU CANNOT upload a some signed certificate without creating a CSR first in Finesse. You can sign only the created CSR from Finesse, and it should work.

Hi,

Is there a way to get confirmation about the csr other than commands i have used to check. I will also check with the team if they have created.

Otherwise the only option is to regenerated the CSR and ask certificate authority to provide new certificate against it. Isn't it

You can download a package called OpenSSL-Win64 and install it on your Windows machine. Then you can open CSRs and CERTs and see how they are configured. You can see if the cert was generated from the CSR.

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Folks,

As a quick solution i have regenerated the CSR using the cli command line i could see there was no CSR there. Got signed certificate and uploaded. Finesse is fine now.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: