cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Are if variable held somewhere

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

We have a number of admin scripts with have a series of if statements where we check a number of  dates within the same if statement using "or" and then set a variablei

Example if 1/5/2019 or 2/5/2019 or 15/08/2019 etc and if current date match then set variable

I would like to run a sql query to view the if statements, the idea we send them to the script owner on a regular basis to reconfirm the holiday dates - can they be viewed anywhere in ucce 

Thanks 

3 Replies 3

To answer your question specifically, all scripting is in the DB, but not in a format which is easily readable. What I've pushed all my customers to do is to move all hours of operations/holidays into an external DB and then have the IVR do all that routing. This eliminates the need for admin scripts for time/date checks. This also allows you to put a front end which can be used by the business to manage their own schedules without your intervention.

david

David makes some good points below, but if you are going to do it in UCCE/ICM, a basic but effective thing that a lot of people overlook is using the Comment node.

So when you get (for instance) the holidays for 2020 from your customer in an email, copy and paste the relevant part into a node in the script, then build the logic.

Obviously not foolproof, but at least you have the reference of where you got it from, when, etc. and allows for documentation for whoever else works on the system.

Hi thanks for your replies

1. We use PCCE so no access to my normal method of a dbwalker though we can use Call Studio but yet to set it up

2. Comments - good option - can we SQL out the comments per scripts so we can run a SQL query once a month and pull out the comments per script ?

thanks