cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

* as term char in cvp

harresh123
Level 1
Level 1

I have a requirement where I need to make the * same as the # key for DTMF data termination. i.e. the caller enters an account number where minimum length and maximum length are different, the caller enters the # or * key to inform the application that data entry has finished. I redefined the data termination key (termchar) and left it empty value however the * is not taking affect.

I specified the VXML property termchar  on the root document in the Properties of the application.

<root_doc>
<vxml_property name="fetchtimeout">60s</vxml_property>
<vxml_property name="termchar"></vxml_property>
</root_doc>

What am I missing here?

4 Replies 4

janinegraves
Spotlight
Spotlight
You can't set the termchar to two different values.
You can set it to # or set it to * but not both.

And is the termchar the right way of setting it?

If you want to set * as the termchar, then yes you can set it in the
root document. Name: termchar  Value: *'

But, then # will be allowed through as a regular dtmf entry. It will not
be removed by the vvb.

Hi @harresh123 

In the case that you describe, I usually use the Form which I set to capture all characters (digits from 0 to 9, # and *) - here you have to remember that you have to put \* as DTMF Keypress to capture star. Once the char is captured I use Decision block where I put the conditions for and provide treatment for valid options (including star and hash).

It's more complex than setting just one global setting but it should work for you.

Marek
Web: https://gaman-gt.com
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: