This topic is a chance to discuss more about the new features in Unified Contact Centre Express 11.0 and what to expect in 11.5. The discussion will be focused around the new features and functionality such as Finesse IPPA, Remote Expert Mobile integration and so on. This is also a chance to discuss about upgrade mechanisms and planning for the 11.0 upgrading, while also positioning your customers for the 11.5 release coming in the next few months.
To participate in this event, please use the button below to ask your questions
Ask questions from Monday, July 25 to August 5th, 2016
Abhiram Kramadhati is a Technical Solutions Manager with the Contact Centre business unit. He has been working with Cisco Contact Centre since he joined Cisco. During his five years at Cisco, he has built his expertise around Cisco UCCX telephony applications, Java Telephony API (JTAPI) integration, Cisco UCCX system behavior, LDAP components, and Cisco UCCX as IP interactive voice response in Unified Contact Center Enterprise (UCCE) environments. He also works on other technologies, including Unified Communications Manager and UCCE. He has been involved in many technical escalations in the Asia Pacific region. Abhiram also holds a CCIE in collaboration (40065).
Abhiram might not be able to answer each question due to the volume expected during this event. Remember that you can continue the conversation on the Contact Center Community
**Ratings Encourage Participation! **
Please be sure to rate the Answers to Questions
1. Can we expect to see a tighter integration with PCD soon, or are there no plans to allow PCD to do, say, a Network Migration Task?
2. Can we get rid of the phone requirement for Supervisors in Finesse? It's kind of sad to have to take away a Manager's Jabber CSF, or set their line settings to 2/1 just so they can monitor/manage the call center through Finesse. CSD never had this requirement and it was nice.
3. Can we get rid of the 1:2 Premium Seat:Port ratio? Customers with low Agent counts, but ambitious uses for their system (Deeper Queues, Callback, Self Service IVR, etc.) should be able to use the horse power of their server all the same as the lower paying customers on Enhanced and Standard. After all, Callback and Self Service IVR can be had without using Premium features.
4. What work is being done to bring back the Inactive Agents feature in RmCm, so that a small DirSync glitch in CUCM doesn't trigger an automatic deletion of 100% of our Agents? If none, then may I request we bring this feature back?
5. Can we please get some kind of link to Finesse/Finesse Admin on the UCCX landing page like how CUIC is on there? It's kind of awkward having to memorize and type in https://servername.domainname.com:8445/cfadmin all the time. And while I'm on the topic, what about removing the special ports for everything that users will interact with? Get rid of 8445 and 8444, and just make it all 443 so it's easy to use. Feel free to keep using 12015 for Live Data because no user would ever type that in.
6. Can the BU publish something similar to this for Finesse HA? Or maybe it's out there and I just haven't seen it?
7. I just wanted to use #7 to say thank you for what you do for all of us out here in the field Abhiram!
Thank you for the first question and I am glad its from you! We really do appreciate the work you do on the forums and all the help you provide, so thank you for that.
1) Currently, we have had a number of successful use cases of PCD being used with UCCX for upgrade and administrative purposes; we recently had a customer who upgraded 30+ clusters of theirs using PCD. The current supported tasks are:
Single Node and High Availability Installations • Linux to Linux and Refresh Upgrades • Switch Versions • IP Address and Hostname Changes • Sever Restarts
However, some of the others such as migration are not supported on UCCX and Unity Connection mainly because of the multiple instances of databases that we have as part of the design and also the schema used by different applications made it very difficult to have a compatible path. For now, 11.0 does not support it like you have pointed out but let me have a chat with the right team to understand how this gap is going to be (if) addressed.
2) I would not like to set a wrong expectation by saying that there might be something for this, but unfortunately there is nothing in the foreseeable roadmap where this design will be changed. One of the fundamental reasons is that the phone line is needed for some of the most basic features - monitoring, barge and intercept. Although one approach would be to let a supervisor login to just utilize the LD and the reporting capabilities, since some of the more basic functionalities are missing - it will continue to remain as a requirement. But I fully understand the challenge and this is not new, let me see if I can provide more technical details because many of the subsystems already have 'extension' as one the fields that is used for the role 'supervisor', so it will be a massive change to do so and that is very unlikely. For now, the answer is that this design will continue.
3) There have been a couple of announcements around licensing for 11.5, the same can be viewed here: https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-66937
But for the specific question around seat to port ratio, I will check with the product manager and get back to you on how they advise customers with such scenarios.
4) This is something we have requested for 12.0 - based on bandwidth reasons, not sure if this will be added in 12.0 but this is something definitely already on our list. Thanks for reinforcing it!
5) The Finesse Administration link is currently there as part of the drop-down for administrators:
The rationale is that the Finesse Administration page is used by a UCCX Administrator so it is provided after you enter the UCCX Admin section in the welcome page, but the CUIC can be accessed by just a report administrator who does not bother about the UCCX configurations. Adding that should not be too much of trouble, but that is the rationale but the UI/UX will change and continue to evolve from 11.5 and through to the next release. So hopefully that will be make it better!
As far as the ports are concerned, the challenge is that these applications are developed as individual applications and then baked into one product - so they will come with their sets of back-end doors and windows. And also because each of the UI/UX changes happen independently and then get ported into the UCCX (for quicker development), the webpages and the web server instances remain independent. But certainly good feedback from a UX perspective.
6) I really like this and I can also see why partners and customers would like this! Leave this with me, and I will see if we can do something on these lines. It might probably be beyond the scope and timelines of this event but I will certainly keep in touch with any updates on this.
I will get back with the pending questions, but please feel free to let me know if you have more questions. Thanks again!
Technical Solutions Manager, CCBU
CCIE Collaboration # 40065
This is enhancement request from my part, i need to know if this is worth it.
Adding new Data-store for DB connection: when we make a DB connection we can only add, edit or delete, when we add a completely new DS, we have to rely on logs or make an actual tests to make sure that the parameters from username to password to URL are correct, do you think it is a good idea to add a request for enhancement to add a test button before saving, it will really save us alot of time and efforts.