cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ask the Expert: Cisco Unified Contact Center Express (Unified CCX) 11.0 and Beyond: Feature Design, Deployment, and Troubleshooting

Monica Lluis
Level 9
Level 9

This topic is a chance to discuss more about  the new features in Unified Contact Centre Express 11.0 and what to expect in 11.5. The discussion will be focused around the new features and functionality such as Finesse IPPA, Remote Expert Mobile integration and so on. This is also a chance to discuss about upgrade mechanisms and planning for the 11.0 upgrading, while also positioning your customers for the 11.5 release coming in the next few months.

To participate in this event, please use the Join the Discussion : Cisco Ask the Expert button below to ask your questions

Ask questions from Monday, July 25 to August 5th, 2016

Featured Expert

Abhiram Kramadhati is a Technical Solutions Manager with the Contact Centre business unit. He has been working with Cisco Contact Centre since he joined Cisco. During his five years at Cisco, he has built his expertise around Cisco UCCX telephony applications, Java Telephony API (JTAPI) integration, Cisco UCCX system behavior, LDAP components, and Cisco UCCX as IP interactive voice response in Unified Contact Center Enterprise (UCCE) environments. He also works on other technologies, including Unified Communications Manager and UCCE. He has been involved in many technical escalations in the Asia Pacific region. Abhiram also holds a CCIE in collaboration (40065).

Abhiram might not be able to answer each question due to the volume expected during this event. Remember that you can continue the conversation on the  Contact Center Community 

Find other  https://supportforums.cisco.com/expert-corner/knowledge-sharing.

**Ratings Encourage Participation! **
Please be sure to rate the Answers to Questions

I hope you and your love ones are safe and healthy
Monica Lluis
Community Manager Lead
62 Replies 62

hello,

I'm asking about Cisco 4506 Switch. dos it support 10 Gig or not.

Carlos Sanz
Level 5
Level 5

Hello:

I am deploying UCCX 11.0, when an agent want to make a call, he/she  must be change the state to Not Ready. Is it possible to make a call in state Ready?

Regards,

Carlos Sanz

Hi Carlos, 

With UCCX 11.0, you can go off-hook when you are in the READY state and make the call. This will set the agent to NOT-READY automatically with a reason code that you can see from the report. So there is no requirement to go not-ready before making a call from the phone on the IPCC extension. 

Regards,
Abhiram Kramadhati
Technical Solutions Manager, CCBU
CCIE Collaboration # 40065

Hello:

I can not make a call from Finesse, attach the image, but I can make a call from desktop phone.

I want to make a call from Finesse, is it possible?

Regards,
Carlos Sanz

Hi Carlos, 

Apologies, I misunderstood the question the first time. So on the desktop, the Make New Call button/toolbar is made active only when the agent state is 'Not Ready'. However, if the agent does want to make an outbound call then they can go off-hook on the phone and the agent will be automatically put to NOT READY and this is reflected on the agent desktop too. 

But from the Finesse desktop application, the call can be made only when the agent is in NOT-READY state. 

Hope that helps!

Regards,
Abhiram Kramadhati

stoian.adrian
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Abhiram,

Most of the issues i have are related to feature parity when migrating from CAD to Finesse:

Here are a few:

- call history list for the agent (available in CAD, not available in Finesse)

- monitoring non ACD outbound calls - i know that in the documentation it says that is not supported, but maybe this is on roadmap ...

- the agents also would like to see the ringing time on a non-ACD outbound call (available in CAD, not available in Finesse)

Hi there, 

Thank for you for this feedback. 11.6 and 12.0 will see most of the feature difference being bridged between CAD and Finesse. However, comments on the below:

- call history list for the agent (available in CAD, not available in Finesse)
We will add this into the product itself, but there is a very good gadget that you can use. This is built by Brad, a Cisco SE. 
https://github.com/bdm1981/finesseGadgets/wiki/Call-History-Gadget-Installation-Guide

Description of the gadget:

This gadget displays an agent’s call history throughout the day. Each contact in the history can be called back with a single click. A tally of the agent’s inbound/outbound calls and duration is tracked at the top of the gadget. The history can be sorted by clicking on the header of any of the columns. The history is reset at the start of each day.

I will confirm on the other two and get back to you with a definitive answer. 

Regards,
Abhiram Kramadhati

Carlos Sanz
Level 5
Level 5

Hello

I created a folder in /3rdpartygadget/files/, i can create and remove any files but I can not delete de folders. is there any solutions?

Regards

Carlos Sanz

Hi Carlos, 

This is fixable from the root, but I need to check if this is an issue on all systems. I will get access to my lab on Monday and the event will be over by then, but I will make sure to reach out to you individually and ensure we continue to work on this. 

This could be reported earlier, but I haven't seen it yet. But we can get this fixed for you, and I will reach out to you. 

Regards,
Abhiram Kramadhati

Hi Carlos, 

I logged in as the 3rdpartygadget user and created a new folder under the 'files' folder. I was able to delete it too, and this is on 11.0:

----> 

Can you please confirm the error you are getting? And what is the method you are using to delete it? And also, please share the permissions you have on the 'files' folder (you will be able to see this in the Filezilla screen). 

Regards,
Abhiram Kramadhati

Hi Carlos,

I had similar issue , and fixed by :

Set the OS secure mode to permissive using the below command from CLI:

utils os secure permissive

After required action is done, the OS secure mode should be set back to enforce mode again using the below command:

utills os secure enforce

you can try it .. :)

Thanks A lot,
Ahmed Salah

Graham Old
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Abhiram

What are the chances of Finesse email catching up with CAD email.

The main problems we are hitting are

email attachment size, we desperately need more than 2 Meg, people are emailing in photos from their phones and the size is bigger than 2 Meg and can't be downloaded.

We need to be able to forward emails.

We need to be able to "Send Responses using this e-mail address" per CSQ

Graham

Hi Graham, 

11.6 is concentrating primarily on chat and email, so you will see a lot of feature gaps filled.

In terms of forwarding email - we are actually in the user experience definition phase for this. 

Would you be willing to discuss more on this so that we understand this feature from a user experience perspective so that we can build something that caters to all aspects of the feature? If you are, could you please share your contact details over email? We can setup some time with our user experience team so that we can discuss more on this. 
akramadh@cisco.com

Thank you!

Regards,
Abhiram Kramadhati

Ahmed Khalefa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Abhiram,

Thanks for providing this session , actually i need to know when the Finesse issue on all UCCX versions "CSCuo73536" .. https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuo73536/?referring_site=bugquickviewredir

we had many customers asking for that ..

I won't be talking much about CCX 11.0 , but i wish 11.5 or 11.6 would have and upgrade for CUIC inside it .. as it is causing much problems already :)

The other thing i would need to ask about .. what are the supported Wall-boards that we can use and it is supported by Cisco ..

Thanks A lot,

Ahmed Salah

Hello Ahmed, 

CSCuo73536 - this is in the roadmap and should be implemented soon. We don't have timelines yet, but this is something that we have considered. 

As far as CUIC is concerned, the new UCCX Premium license bundle will give the CUIC Premium along with it. And given that UCCX 11 supports standalone CUIC, this could be a good solution to consider where you can create custom reports and the kind on the standalone CUIC and let the co-resident one as it is. Upgrading the coresident CUIC does not align with the UCCX architecture of an 'appliance model' where it is consdiered one complete package, and not multiple individual components. However, we releases ES's every month which contain fixes for UCCX, Finesse and CUIC issues - so that way you can continue to have the latest fixes on the product. 

Wallboards

We don’t qualify any wallboards explicitly, but there are partners who sell the same and some of them are listed in the market place. There are also a few vendors who are S+ partners, whose products can be bought off the Cisco price list (2ring etc.). 

There are recommendations of how a wallboard should be configured and which user it needs to use to connect. If there is an issue that arises where we suspect that the wallboard is at fault, we’ll recommend turning off the wallboard and if the issue does go away, we can confirm that the issue is with the wallboard and the wallboard vendor has to be involved. There are wallboards in the marketplace, example: https://marketplace.cisco.com/catalog/companies/atea-systems/products/uccx-agent-wallboard-uaw

However, please note that the support for these wallboards is from the vendor and not from TAC or the BU. The vendors on the market place will be partners who have worked with Cisco in the Solutions Partner program, where they have an opportunity to build products to work with Cisco products and sell the same.

Hope that helps! And thank you for your questions. 

Regards,
Abhiram Kramadhati

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: