cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ask the Expert: Finesse for UCCX, next generation agent desktop and transitioning from CAD

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

This topic is a chance to discuss more about the new agent desktop from Cisco - ‘Finesse’. The discussion will be more about generic capabilities of Finesse and how it fits into the UCCX environment. This is a chance to discuss more about the new features introduced into Finesse UCCX to provide a 100% parity with the features of CAD. We can also discuss about the transition from CAD to Finesse – best practices, support for migration, limitations and things to look out for.

Ask your Questions from March 13 through March 27, 2015

Abhiram Kramadhati is a Technical Solutions Manager with the Contact Centre business unit. He has been working with Cisco Contact Centre since he joined Cisco. During four years at Cisco, he has built his expertise around Cisco UCCX telephony applications, Java Telephony API (JTAPI) integration, Cisco UCCX system behavior, LDAP components, and Cisco UCCX as IP interactive voice response in Unified Contact Center Enterprise (UCCE) environments. He also works on other technologies, including Unified Communications Manager and UCCE. He has been involved in many technical escalations in the Asia Pacific region. Abhiram also holds a CCIE in voice (40065).

Find other  https://supportforums.cisco.com/expert-corner/knowledge-sharing.

**Ratings Encourage Participation! **
Please be sure to rate the Answers to Questions

63 Replies 63

cogden
Level 1
Level 1

With UCCX v11.x there is no Finesse (Agent or Supervisor) Desktop interface supported.

So what is the workaround to force the logout of Finesse IPPAs?

Since there is no ability to 'login' as a Finesse Supervisor to do this.

Chris

Hi Chris
For agents logged into Finesse UI, the agent states can be changed by calling the REST API using REST clients like Postman or custom code. I have tested this with both but I haven't tested with agents logged into Finesse IPPA .
I assume, the Finesse IPPA agents also use the same REST APIs hosted in the Finesse server ( I haven't got opportunity to test this so I am going by assumption) .
You can follow the procedure and XML schema mentioned in the URL below :
https://developer.cisco.com/site/finesse/docs/#change-agent-state
Regards
Birendra Hansda

Hi Chris
For agents logged into Finesse UI, the agent states can be changed by calling the REST API using REST clients like Postman or custom code. I have tested this with both but I haven't tested with agents logged into Finesse IPPA .
I assume, the Finesse IPPA agents also use the same REST APIs hosted in the Finesse server ( I haven't got opportunity to test this so I am going by assumption) .
You can follow the procedure and XML schema mentioned in the URL below :
https://developer.cisco.com/site/finesse/docs/#change-agent-state
Regards
Birendra Hansda

phwang1234
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

Uccx 11.6 

In the supervisor finesse view we are trying to see the CSQ that the agent is talking on. In CAD we can see their status as well as the CSQ when they are in the talking state. In finesse I don't seem to be able to see this is any live report.

Regards,

Paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: