cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Assist with Holiday Greeting Change

Keith Todd
Level 1
Level 1

I need some guidance on setting up a script.  I work in healthcare so there are multiple call trees for each different location.  Each of these sites may or may not close at different times.  Is there a way to setup a script where the user will call into a number and pick the specific department and then change the greeting for the location based on normal business hours, closed, holiday, inclement weather.

These clinics are already setup with normal hours and subflow which references the holiday dates XML file.  I was just wondering if there was a way for the user to call in because the times that the department close are all different.

Appreciate any help that can be given.

Thanks,

Derek

10 Replies 10

Keith Todd
Level 1
Level 1

I have found this thread https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2219895 but I this looks to be similiar that I am looking for.  I am honestly not advanced enough to know completely if it is.  It would like similiar to below.

1 - Clinic A

1 - Normal Hours

2 - Closed (In case closed early; else it will run on TOD for normal hours)

3 - Holiday

2 - Clinic B

1 - Normal Hours

2 - Closed (In case closed early; else it will run on TOD fo normal hours)

3 - Holiday

3 - Clinic C Etc...

When the user who was authenticated called in and chose the option, it would then write new information to the sripts that exist.

This may not be possible or some advanced scripting; just thought I would ask.  For now, I am just currently modifying the XML Holiday document based on the times they are closing which are all different.

Is anyone able to assist with this or would it be better to open a service request for this?  Thanks

if you have different hours for your clinics you could do something like:

Tree for selection of Clinics then the TOD controler for each.

1 - Clinic A

2 - Clinic B

3 - Clinic C Etc...

Then Each Client has there own tree

Clinic X

Normal Hours

Closed (In case closed early; else it will run on TOD fo normal hours)

Holiday

Each clinic has there own tree unto themselves.  What I am trying to create is a tree that designated staff from each clinic can call into and choose the options based on opening hours which will upload the new script over the already existing one.  Not sure if this is making any sense.  I can explain in more detail if needed.

So you want them to be able to change there own recording? I believe that you can do that, but they will not be able to change the options.

Anurag Siddhu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Keith,

you can do this easily, let me try to explain this in simple terms,

so lets say , there are following clinics

A, B and C

which has a unique script running for each of them

now what you can do , is allow each clinic to read an XML file from a generic Holiday script and set some value to a variable

"Inclement weather " = 0 or 1 ,

if 0 , return , office is closed to the unique script,

now in the holiday script , you can have multiple XML files pointing to different clinic ( within the same script )

and when some one calls , they should be allowed to select the Clinic name , for which they want to modify the options

let me know if you need a better and detaled explanation,

i can re explain this in simple ways , this is just an overview.

Regards

Anurag

Anurag,

That would be very helpful if you could go in a more detailed explanation.  Each clinic is already setup on a seperate script which checks Day of Week, Time of Day, and also Holiday.  The holiday script is an XML which checks to see if "todaysisaholiday" based on the dates in the XML sheet.  If true, it sends everything to the Holiday prompt, if false, it sends it to the normal Dow, ToD checks.

The script to build the flow, I can do with no problem.  Authenticating the user, and allowing the user to make changes based on what setting (Closed, Holiday, Normal Hours, Inclement Weather) and uploaded the script is where I am really rough around the edges with.  I was given this (image below) but I am stuggling to make heads or tails of it just because I am so new to these commands.  We all learn and start from somewhere

I appreciate the help.

sure , let me analyse this and revert back ,

and yes you are correct , as they say " we all started one day " ..:)

Regards

Anurag Siddhu

Thank you Anurag, I appreciate it very much.

If anyone is able to assist with this, I would appreciate the assistance.  I meet a brick wall each way I attempt it.  Thanks