cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Attach a recorded prompt to an email

Debra Chittick
Level 4
Level 4

I'm having a bit of an issue trying to use the eMail contact steps. Below is a screenshot of where it is failing.  Can anyone take a moment and look at this script?

Capture.PNG

8 Replies 8

Debra Chittick
Level 4
Level 4

All,

I'm still looking for some assistance in attaching a recorded prompt to an email.  Any assistance would be greatly apprecaited.

Thank you.

Debra,

what are you trying to achieve? Your script is kind of confusing.

Thanks.

G.

George,

Thank you for looking at this script.  I'm sorry, I should have explained what it's doing.

• This script captures the extension and places it in a variable. 
  • If the extension is longer than 5 digits and does not begin with a 5, then we ask the caller to put in their store/identifying number.
  • The caller is to enter a PIN
  • If the PIN is correct, they can record a new greeting
  • The recording is played back and the caller can choose to save the greeting
  • The recording is saved to a folder on the UCCX server, this step requires authentication and the user step is used and if the authentication is successful the prompt is uploaded
  • If the upload is successful, the script plays an appropriate prompt
  • then the wav file is to be attached to an email and emailed to me

It appears that it successfully creates the email and attaches the file (based on the prompts that I hear when I run the script).  But the Send fails. I'm hoping that I've used the steps correctly.

Thank you,
Debbie

Hi,

you're the first human being calling me George - it's nice, thanks :-)

Anyway, did you try the usual suspects:

1. Try reactive debugging the script - does it throw an exception?

2. Is your SMTP server set up correctly? Did you try to send a simple email (just create a really simple script containging only the necessary steps to send a simple plaintext email)?

3. Do you have the correct UCCX variant? Not all UCCX variants are licensed to send emails (as far as I know it's only IP IVR and UCCX Premium).

Gergely "Greg" Szabo

Greg,

My sincere appologies for mis-spelling your name.  I'll blame it on the glare on my computer screen....

I have used the reactive debugging, and that's why I know exactly where it's failing.  I'll have to try a simpler script and see if it works.  I do have the Premium licenses.

It may have something to do with the SMTP setup.  I'm going to ask my Exchange Admin if he needs to do anything special.  I may need the server is some kind of an allowed list, because it doesn't seem to be useing anything to authenticate to the exchange server to gain access, which seems like it's using it as a relay and that's not normally allowed.

Thanks, I'll let you know what I find out.

Debbie

Hi,

you can easily test SMTP communication using the command prompt. Just do

telnet yoursmtpserver 25

This would open a telnet session to your SMT server tcp port 25 - and then try to send an email using the standard SMTP commands. Take a look at this example, for instance:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simple_Mail_Transfer_Protocol#SMTP_transport_example

Good luck.

G.

The correct answer is on the Send Email step, I had to change the From: field to --Default--.  I had a variable set in here and that was not correct.  Once that change was made the email was successfully sent with the wav file (recording) attached. 

Thank you for your help.

Debbie

Yeah, looks like the SMTP server just refuses to relay specific From: addresses. Anyway, thanks for sharing the solution. G.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: