cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto Attendant Script

mgoogins
Level 1
Level 1

I’m having problems adding an additional menu item (option “3” that will transfer to “operExtn”, the exact same thing as option “0” does by default) to the default auto attendant script that ships with IPCC Express. I have attached the script and the grammar files. Can anyone help me figure out what I’m doing wrong or what I’m missing?

Thanks, Mark

1 Reply 1

jasyoung
Level 7
Level 7

In your grammar file, you have the following:

AAMainMenu_SalesExtn [

(?three ?please)

dtmf-3

]

Take the question mark away from the term 'three'. The phrase should be "(three ?please)". The question mark signifies the word is optional, and in your case, it is not. I'm not sure a phrase with all optional components is even valid. You can see from the dial-by-name and dial-by-extension entries an example of how to do it correctly.

If you truly want the behavior to be exactly the same as the Operator option, you can use the stock AA script and just modify the GSL. You should, however, make a copy of both and modify the AA script to point to the new name of the GSL file, so that your changes are not overwritten during upgrades. Drop the SalesExtn block entirely and modify the Operator grammar as shown:

AAMainMenu_Operator [

(?the operator ?please)

(sales ?please)

(three ?please)

dtmf-0

dtmf-3

]

It's been a little while since I've last had to write a grammar, but I'm pretty sure you can have multiple DTMF options. The above also lets callers say 'sales' as well as saying or pressing three.