Views
Helpful
Replies

Automatic Call back

@Syed
Level 3
Level 3

Dear All,

I am fairly new to contact center environment and in learning phase now.

One of my clients has come up with a new requirement.

They have UCCX 11.x up and running fine and the requirement is as follows

• When there is an incoming call in queue for some time and if caller hangs up the call after some time for a reason, can we make automatic call back to the caller?
  • If yes, how do we achieve this?
  • Do we require any licenses to make outgoing calls?

Hope my question make sense to you and I would really appreciate if you respond ASAP.

Thank you in advance.

Syed

8 Replies 8

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You could easily achieve this using Scripting. There is a sample script BaseLineAdvQueuing.aef available at the below link that serves the purpose of courtesy callback in UCCX:

www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_9_02/design/guide/script_repository_902.zip

As far as licensing is concerned, you will require Enhanced license minimum. No other licensing requirments are there.

Regards

Deepak

(Please Rate Helpful Posts)

What portion requires Enhanced Licensing exactly? In order to achieve the requested behavior, I can only think of the following additional steps needed, at minimum, that may not be in use already in the queuing script:

• Get Call Contact Info - To get the caller ID of the caller for the callback
  • On Exception Goto - To capture the hang up event
  • Place Call - To call the call back script
  • Call Redirect - To bridge the Agent with the callback number

According to documentation, none of those steps require Enhanced.  Can you confirm my thinking?

Hi Anthony,

That was more on a generic side that I wrote you will require minimum Enhanced Licensing as I have not checked the Scripting guide till then. But now since I have checked it I can definitely confirm that none of the steps used in that particualr script will require Enhanced Licensing,. Standard will be good enough.

Thanks for your inputs.

Regards

Deepak

While I agree with what you posted I think the OP missed a critical piece of information. They want want to call the customre immediately back, they probably want to wait until a later time (agents available) and then call them back. What I would propose is to get the outbound dialing option (new license) and feed a campaign when the customer hangs up.

david

He didn't say "immediately" in his post. Did you infer that?

I infered that from your solution. If your solution calls back the customer immediately, this doesn't solve the root of the problem where the business didn't have agents available to handle the call. My addition to your solution would allow a more measured delay to the call backs based on agent availability.

david

Thank you so much everyone for your usual prompt support.

But I will have to tell you this that I have not yet created any script till date and I have no idea about this.

Thank you Deepak for the documents and I am putting my efforts understand them. It will be really helpful if you have any videos for a beginner like me so to cope up with the advance material shared.

Thank you again.

Syed

Rather than using a campaign, what I like to do is capture the call back and throw it back into the queue. 

So when an agent becomes available, they run through the prompts to do a warm call back. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: