cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Automation ideas for UCCX

B@l@ji
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking for automation ideas with respect to the UCCX environment. 

Has anyone implemented any sort of automation into UCCX in order to reduce manual efforts?

Please share your thoughts.

9 Replies 9

Hey

I have made some for skill management for agents.

- Weekly scheduler for skill change on agent teams

Monday Team A get skill A at 08:00 - removes again at 12:00 etc

Saturday Team A get skill A, B, C - removes again sunday evening 

(I know that version 12.5 has ASC in finesse, but that is date controlled. Mine is weekday controlled, and continues running every week)

Supervisor can change multiple skills for a hole team (as a gadget)

- Auto reset of skill.

When the again has been logged out for x number of hours, the agents skills are reset to a default skill Set (read from a json file).

- Agents a able to change they own skills (actually just change the skills level between 1 and 5, and the csq uses most skill with min. 2)

What are your thoughts ??

Best regards

Thomas

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Thomas G. J.

It sounds useful but in our infra, we don't change/modify the skills very often. It is being taken care by the supervisors and we have less than150 agents in our environment.

Is there anything else that you tried?

Appreciate your help !!

I have used the REST step to post messages into WebEx Teams rooms when calls are abandoned or when a new call enters a CSQ and the expected wait time is greater than a certain threshold.

I am talking to a customer about changing the minimum competency level for a CSQ depending upon the expected wait time.

e.g. the nornal minimum level is 5. If the wait time gets for five minutes it goes down to four and so on. 

The idea is to make more agents available to service busy queues without any supervisor interaction.

What automation ideas do you have OP?

this is good, please elaborate how to achieve this.

@James Hawkins  , can you please elaborate how we can dynamically bring down the competency level during peak times?

This is a wonderful idea and will be really helpful for us.

Do we need to write any script for this? or do you have any written script?

Hi,

To do this you need to use the CCX system configuration API to modify the competency level set on the CSQ.

The DevNet site shows how CSQ's can be modified at the link below:

https://developer.cisco.com/docs/contact-center-express/#!modify-csq/modify-csq 

I am not sure whether the request can be done entirely within CCX or if some "middleware" would be needed. If that is needed I would be looking at using Python and Flask to accomplish it.

The talks with the customer around this have stalled so I have not got to the stage of testing in a lab.

HTH

Phonebook :

We have made our own phonebook, that has AD integration, so records in the book is updated from AD instead of the build-in phonebook in finesse that has "manual" updates. From the phonebook the agent can call, forward, send mail, send SMs and open a teams chat with the contact.

Further more the agent can see the contact office365 calender.

Next step in this is getting line-state to show for the agent.

Completly self maintenance from AD

Calls forward to other applications/queues:

Speeddial buttons with queue infomation on, so if the customer has landed at the wrong agent, the agent can forward the call to another queue (and see the queue before forward )

@James Hawkins Cool feature about change the minimum competency level

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Thomas G. J.

The call forward feature that you mentioned will be useful in our setup, can you please explain how to configure this?

Hi Thomas

Are you able to share any details of how you have implemented the AD phonebook integration?

Many thanks