Views
Helpful
Replies

BAD_DESTINATION Case - Dialed Number Blank

upchaurasia
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello,

We are using Finesse 11.0 API. In MAKECALL request if we pass the invalid number we get the BAD_DESTINATION stateCause but  <dialedNumber></dialedNumber> and <requestId></requestId> is blank. Can you please check about this bug and let me know if it fixed in any version.

<item id='ead80a6f-1b1a-47ec-b2c2-ee5f3fc2dea447'><notification xmlns="http://jabber.org/protocol/pubsub"><Update><data><dialogs><Dialog><associatedDialogUri></associatedDialogUri><fromAddress>2015</fromAddress><id>17845221</id><mediaProperties><DNIS></DNIS><callType>AGENT_INSIDE</callType><dialedNumber></dialedNumber><outboundClassification></outboundClassification><callvariables><CallVariable><name>callVariable1</name><value></value></CallVariable><CallVariable><name>callVariable2</name><value></value></CallVariable><CallVariable><name>callVariable3</name><value></value></CallVariable><CallVariable><name>callVariable4</name><value></value></CallVariable><CallVariable><name>callVariable5</name><value></value></CallVariable><CallVariable><name>callVariable6</name><value></value></CallVariable><CallVariable><name>callVariable7</name><value></value></CallVariable><CallVariable><name>callVariable8</name><value></value></CallVariable><CallVariable><name>callVariable9</name><value></value></CallVariable><CallVariable><name>callVariable10</name><value></value></CallVariable></callvariables></mediaProperties><mediaType>Voice</mediaType><participants><Participant><actions><action>UPDATE_CALL_DATA</action><action>DROP</action></actions><mediaAddress>2015</mediaAddress><mediaAddressType>AGENT_DEVICE</mediaAddressType><startTime>2019-09-09T05:55:46.539Z</startTime><state>INITIATING</state><stateCause></stateCause><stateChangeTime>2019-09-09T05:55:46.539Z</stateChangeTime></Participant></participants><state>INITIATING</state><toAddress></toAddress><uri>/finesse/api/Dialog/17845221</uri></Dialog></dialogs></data><event>POST</event><requestId></requestId><source>/finesse/api/User/47483648/Dialogs</source></Update></notification></item>

Regards,

Umesh

5 Replies 5

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I am pretty sure this is by design and not a bug. Since it is an invalid number, the call never connects and CCE never sends a dialedNumber value back to Finesse. This is still the case in Finesse 12.0, which I verified on my system.

Just to make sure, I searched the bug list and didn't find anything that matches.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise,

Thanks for reply.

When we get generic error event we get the requestId which we passed. Can you please check If we can get same in case of BAD_DESTINATION. This will also help us.

Thanks & Regards,

Umesh

Hi,

Do you mean when you get the blank dialedNumber? I get a requestId back for that. The way the requestId works is that the first event that is the result of that action gets the id. All subsequent events do not have it. So, if you get 2 dialog messages, only the first one will have it.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise,

You are correct we are getting requestId back in first error event which is "Generic Error". I think it should be returned with every event related to that request e.g. if request was for MakeCall then it should be present in every event related to that call. 

Can you please request these 2 things to product team i.e. dialednumber in case of BAD_DESTINATION and requestId value? This will help to other Cisco Developer also.

Thanks & Regards,

Umesh

Hi,

Sure, I will forward it to the team, but I am going to warn you that the chances of it getting changed is going to be low. There were limitations that made the design this particular way.

Thanx,

Denise

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: