cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Basic help with EmbeddedWebAppSampleGadge

mmoulson1
Level 4
Level 4

So my customer is using Finesse desktop with UCCX 11.5.

We are trying to work with the EmbeddedWebApp gadget to display a custom webpage (a web based wallboard).

If I add the following code:

<tab>
                <id>WallBoard</id>
                <label>WallBoard</label>
                <gadgets>
          <gadget>/3rdpartygadget/files/wallboardbk/EmbeddedWebApp.xml</gadget>
                </gadgets>
            </tab>

I get a nice additional button at the top of the desktop and the page loads correctly when the button is clicked.

However the customer has asked if we can load the page on the initial screen that the agent see when the login so after the "Make a new call" box and before the "Team Performance".

I have tried to add the above gadget line in at various points within the default XML layout but it just doesn't load with no error. The only way I can see it's actually doing something is if I add it directly below the CallControl.jsp line. When I do this I get an area of 'blue' space is if the top line of the gadget is meant to appear but nothing does! There is a youtube tutorial that does exactly this and Cisco.com loads without problem!

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advanced.

Matty

2 Replies 2

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You should better try ScreenPopup Sample Gadget for this requirement.

Regards

Deepak

Chintan Gajjar
Level 8
Level 8

Hello,

Hope you would have downloaded the correct version of gadget.

I have UCCX 10.6 and UCCE 11.0 and the gadget downloaded for specific version from https://github.com/CiscoDevNet/finesse-sample-code/tree/master/EmbeddedWebAppSampleGadget works fine with attached layout(obviously it is slightly different for my finesse in UCCE).

one thing i have observed is not all the website works in iframe, and this gadget utilizes iframe in order to show the web content in finesse so if you see something blank there try changing it to different site and see if it is diplaying? i use https://www.bing.com to test the same since it works under iframe.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: