cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BEGIN_CALL_EVENT - No Call Data

Gerry O'Rourke
Spotlight
Spotlight

The Majority of Reservation Preview calls  (CallType 27) contain the Call Data in the BEGIN_CALL_EVENT.

But a small percentage of these calls contain no Call data in the CALL_CREATED / Begin Call Event.

We have to process and wait for a number of Call_DATA_UPDATES before the Call Data is populated.

I have example log, where it is the 4th CALL_DATA_UPDATE,  where the Call Data actually contains the relevant info,

i.e. the CustAccount# (BAAccountNumber) and the CustPhone#

Does anyone know WHY this occurs from time to time?

Regards,

Gerry

5 Replies 5

dreich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It would help to know the version, and whether this is SIP Dialer or SCCP Dialer deployment.

Will assume that this deployment is relatively recent and is using SIP Dialer.

The Dialer uses set call data request via CTI Server to set call context information during the call. This occurs after the Begin Call event has been received, because it requires a call ID to set the call data.

The Pre_Call event is the message used for routed calls to associate call context gathered in the CCE Router to the call that will arrive at the agent desktop via messaging in the peripheral gateway. The router sends the PreCall Indicator to the PG and waits for the call to arrive.

So what I think is happening is that in some cases, the precall is delayed, and is arriving after the agent has been reserved. The call context still gets there eventually, but not in time for the begin call event in the reservation call sequence.

This is an old install, so running ICM 8.0 and the SCCP dialer.

But above is likely to be relevant.(I assume?).

I do not know if this issue also occurs for SIP dialer.

Gerry

You may want to think about upgrading;

We are! To UCCE 11.

But that is not necessary relevant? Or is it?

"The Dialer uses set call data request via CTI Server to set call context information during the call. This occurs after the Begin Call event has been received, because it requires a call ID to set the call data."

If this occurs 'after the begin Call Event', why do most of the Begin Call Events do have call context?

Only a small subset do not.

"So what I think is happening is that in some cases, the precall is delayed, and is arriving after the agent has been reserved. The call context still gets there eventually, but not in time for the begin call event in the reservation call sequence."

And would you know under what type of circumstances the precall could be delayed?

Regards,

Gerry

dreich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ultimately, you're correct. It's the same basic issue in either case.

It's just that the architecture for SIP and SCCP Dialers are different enough that it's possible behavior will be different if/when you migrate to SIP Dialer on a later version.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: