cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Better way of doing time/date checks?

davidkcampbell
Level 1
Level 1

IPCC Express 3.1 - Rather than the java create, execute java method steps, increment, set string, yada yada? And if you don't have a database is the best method to do an 'If' step against a variable that has the Holiday dates included? I know this method works but I was curious if there is a better way, or am I missing a simpler method.

3 Replies 3

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

Just call the attached script as a subflow, map the boolean variable and populate the dates.xml file (read comment at beginning of script) with the correct dates and your off.

I believe this is the same file included with the VMWare demo, isn't it. I saw this file after I posted. Is is essentially the same code I spoke of, but I like the XML was of maintaining the holiday dates. Thanks for the response adignan.

Does this same script work for 3.5.1? I had scripts that called this script working fine on 3.1.2 and after an upgrade, those scripts were failing. I traced it to some java errors in the logs, so I am bypassing the holidayDoc.aef script for now...but wanted to know if anyone else has had this issue on 3.5.1?

Thanks!