Views
Helpful
Replies

BlindTransfer option in CAD places call on hold

Marc De Serio
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am using UCCX 8.02 SU4.  Our call center is now using a third party survey company and I need to transfer the call for all those callers that have selected to take the survey. 

Here is what I have done:

1.  Created a "surveyApproved" boolean that is true when they select the survey

2. Set the information into a session variable.

3. Call goes to the agent

4. The agent then hits the Answer/Drop button that has a blind transfer action associated with it.

5. The call is then transferred to another script that either call consults on a true and sends the call or terminates the call when its false.

Here is the problem:

When the survey is approved the call transfers out without issue.  Is the survey is not approved the call does not transfer all the way, the caller is put on hold.  The call will not terminate.

Any idea why the call immediately goes on hold?

Thanks.                   

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Interesting. It's possible that the script is terminating the second call leg before the blind transfer operation finishes moving the call from the agent DN to the script (i.e. a race condition). What happens if you put a Delay step for a second or two before the terminate step?

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Interesting. It's possible that the script is terminating the second call leg before the blind transfer operation finishes moving the call from the agent DN to the script (i.e. a race condition). What happens if you put a Delay step for a second or two before the terminate step?

THANK YOU!  You saved me hours of frustration.  A simple 2 second delay did the trick.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: