Views
Helpful
Replies

Bug CSCwf40230 Certificate renewal error

Jan Slabber
Beginner
Beginner

Hello Community,

I have the following issue and need some guidance please.

When attempting to upload a new certificate to replace one due to expire Friday, November 10, 2023 at 11:59:59 PM on CCX version 12.5.1.11003-511 we are encountering the following error

This appears to be the BUG CSCwf40230  which has the Workaround: Contact Cisco TAC for workaround.

****We are unable to go to Cisco TAC due to contract renewal.

Troubleshooting done so far:

I deleted the tomcat-trust intermediate certificate which was shown as a duplicate that is.

“Cannot import certificate. It is a duplicate of pre-existing certificate 'GEANT_EV_RSA_CA_4_047b8b6d09b1656742a8a7c1869c9faa.pem'. both have SubjectName: 'CN=GEANT EV RSA CA 4,O=GEANT Vereniging,C=NL' and SerialNo. This certificate exists in tomcat-trust”

restarted both the uccx primary and ha and also checked that the GEANT_EV_RSA_CA_4_047b8b6d09b1656742a8a7c1869c9faa tomcat-trust certificate had been removed. I then uploaded the CN=GEANT EV RSA CA 4, O=GEANT Vereniging, C=NL certificate as an intermediate tomcat-trust , restarted both the primary and ha server after which I attempted to upload the tomcat certificate however encountered the same error that we had before.

2 Replies 2

piyush aghera
Spotlight
Spotlight

I am not sure if you referred below community discussion which is mentioned in the bug. This question is related to CUCM but may give you some pointers:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/cisco-bug-discussions/cscwc26596-unable-to-upload-signed-cert-duplicate-of-pre/td-p/4685559

Thanks,

Piyush Aghera

BLOG

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Should be fixed in 12.5 SU3 ES03
This is only stated in the release notes, but not in the bug.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: