Views
Helpful
Replies

Busy out phone when non CAD line in use

gadgetjod25
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is there a way to busy out a phone when a second line is in use which isnt the UCCX line ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

vairamo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

No such option available.

Alternatively agent need to make the change from Ready state to Not Ready state on CAD so that agent won't receiving call on CAD during non-ACD line in use and then make it ready after the non-ACD call complete.

thanks

Mohan

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

vairamo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

No such option available.

Alternatively agent need to make the change from Ready state to Not Ready state on CAD so that agent won't receiving call on CAD during non-ACD line in use and then make it ready after the non-ACD call complete.

thanks

Mohan

Control of the second line has been introduced in UCCE 8 so one might reasonably expect this option to be added to UCCX in the future.

vairamo's answer is the one I would give.

Regards,

Geoff

gadgetjod25
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the info. I was pretty sure that was the case but I just wanted to make sure I was correct.

I am not sure of your setup, but we have transitioned our ACD Lines to be the 1st extension on the phone, so that when an agent picks up to make an outbound call they make themselves "Not Ready".  This eliminated a number of issues for us.  If they receive a call on their "non-ACD" line they still have to make themselves Not Ready, but if they fail to do so they can either iDivert to reject immediately, or wait for the RNA to pull the call back into the queue.  One note on putting the ACD line on top is that it will impact Call Forward All, but they can still change this on the ccmuser page.  Also, I make the ACD line an "alternate" extension in Unity (but I don't put Call Forward to Voicemail in CUCM on the ACD extension), so that their light, and voicemail buttons will work. The changes above have all but eliminated all of my headaches regarding the Ready/Not Ready issue.  I started with just a few users, and now all of them have it setup that way.

Thank you Joe for your update. That's a great workaround you got it.

One thing to note is in case when they did the Call Forward All, and if there is voice message waiting then Call Forward All Message will be over written by "You have voicemail" message (in older phones) until the message waiting light goes off.

Also if the ACD line is non-DID then caller may not know the calling party number (if not required then is fine)