cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CA certificate renewal - Virtual Voice Browser(VVB)

dhatchina120584
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am new for Cisco VVB and some of the CA certificates (tomcat & tomcat-trust) are going to expire shortly in our VVB. So we know how to regenerate the certificate and upload it. What we need to know is, what are the services needs to be restarted and the validation procedure once activity completed. Any pre-check need to be done before start the activity.

Please advise....

3 Replies 3

This may be a dumb question, but why do you need to use certificates in your VVB? By default I don't believe they are required.

Hi ,

VVB will work standalone mode if you have multiple VVB reduce the weight using cusp or sip server group and do one by one.

Go to cmplatform and check the

For Self-signed certificate generated by the system

select the certificate and regenerate

For Trust Certificate – select and  delete the expired certificate

Reload the VVB and check the service in Cisco Unified Voice Browser Serviceability -- Control Center - Network Services

Post completion revert the vvb changes in cusp or sip server group and checks the active calls in CLI.

Ram.S

Regards,
Ram.S

Thanks Ram for the detailed procedure steps! Have few questions below,

1. What if i need to renew CA certificate instead of SA Certificate? The same above steps applicable or different?

2. Is it mandatory to reload the VVB entirely to take effect of the regenerated Certificate? or is it ok to  restart the tomcat service via CLI mode?

3. If restarting the service via CLI mode is fine means, then no need to reduce the q value in CUSP for the VVB, ryt?