Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CAD 7.2 (1) Synchronisation Issues

Hi All,

I'm just building a UCCE 7.2 lab so that I can run over a specific upgrade route for a customer. However I'm just having issues with getting CAD up and running in the lab.

I have a Progger installed and I've had to place the CAD services on a separate server (which is not the domain controller but is a CVP call server) as there is no procedure for installing CAD on a Progger with SQL 2000 already installed for ICM.

Looking over the CAD logs and trying to run Cisco Desktop Admin has highlighted an issue with the synchronisation. When using the desktop admin tool I cannot synchronise the CAD db to the ICM db and looking over the CAD logs normal synchronisation is falling as well.

I’m seeing the following errors in CAD

2011-04-04 14:45:09:454 INFO SYNC4031 SODBC::Connect: The program failed to connect to the ODBC client on the PC, status: -1

2011-04-04 14:45:09:454 ERROR SYNC2024 SSQL::Connect:: Could not connect to database, first try.

2011-04-04 14:45:26:189 INFO SYNC4031 SODBC::Connect: The program failed to connect to the ODBC client on the PC, status: -1

2011-04-04 14:45:26:189 ERROR SYNC2025 SSQL::Connect:: Could not connect to database, second try

Looking as the SQL logs on the CAD server is seems to connecting to the instance of SQL on the CAD servers fine

011-04-04 14:48:00.89 logon     Login succeeded for user 'CVPSERVER\CADSQLAdminUser'. Connection: Trusted.

2011-04-04 14:48:01.05 logon     Login succeeded for user 'CVPSERVER\CADSQLAdminUser'. Connection: Trusted.

2011-04-04 14:49:00.88 logon     Login succeeded for user 'CVPSERVER\CADSQLAdminUser'. Connection: Trusted.

2011-04-04 14:49:00.91 logon     Login succeeded for user 'CVPSERVER\CADSQLAdminUser'. Connection: Trusted.

I see no error messages in the SQL instance on the ICM Progger.

My user CADSQLAdminUser as access permitted to the AWBD on the Progger. All the other CAD servers seem OK and post install is successfully run.

Anyone any ideas

Thanks Chris

8 Replies 8

Hello,

What is the problem with installing CAD on PRogger , there is no problem with that????? i have done it alot of times on customer side , not only LAB

And if the server is equivalent for 7845 , it is supported by cisco .

Amer

Hello,

If you want to stay with this design , just make sure that the AW DB server is mixed mode.

The user that you have configured on the post install to connect to the database must be domain\user(in either NT or SQL) because the CAD server is not on the same domain.

Amer

Hello,

Sorry i sent you multiple times but i had just got ths while iwas reading the installation guide for CAD 7.X

NOTE: The server on which you install the CAD services must be a
member of a domain, not of a workgroup. If you change the domain
after the services are installed, or switch from workgroup to domain,
you must reinstall the services in order to avoid problems with partial
or no service when running the desktop applications.

Amer

Hi Amer,

Thanks for you posts.

Both servers are in the same domain (no workgroup involved)

The NT domain user created (CADSQLAdminUser) has access to the AWDB within SQL on the Progger and is configured within the post install of CAD. All CAD services have been restarted during my initial debugging and all look to be operating normally with no errors other than the one listed in my original post.

Any other ideas would be appreciated

Thanks Chris

Hello,

You are not connecting to the PRogger servers within the CAD config , you should connect to the AW server , is the user is available and has the privilage to login to the AW SQL DB Server?

Amer

Hi Amer,

Sorry did't make that clear, its all on the same server in this lab, should have called it a sprawler. Been working on another installation all day which is a Progger and has CAD on the same server as the Progger and is working! Got a carried away with the use of the word Progger,

The CAD SQL User has access to the AWDB on the sprawler.

Chris

two things ,

I am trying to find something but i can see from the logs that the servername is CVPSERVER ???

second thing

in the postinstall , why don't you use the sa user with SQL authentaction (not NT).

did you try it ?

Amer

Hi Amer,

The log showing CVPSERVER is from the CAD SQL log. So the instance of SQL installed during the CAD install on the second server which is not the sprawler. The SQL logs from the sprawler show no detail or errors for the log in by the CADSQLuser I defined, hence I didn't post anything. I have tried the sa login. It's the first one I used but it had the same error. I've tried to fix it by defining the NT  user.

Chris