Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CAD 8.5 Installation on Windows 7

Hi

We do have a UCCX server 8.5.1 and i tried to install CAD.

In the UCCX-> Tools -> Plugins -> Cisco Unified CCX Desktop Suties , earlier version we do have an option to download Cisco Unified CCX Agent Desktop

But the current version doesn't have such a option, so I download and run Cisco Unified CCX client configuration tool. It showed downloading Supervisor and CAD. Then installing. After a while a pop message will come. "Installation complete... Close the box". When I check the PC, I can't able to find the installed file.

So I thought to download CAD 8.5.1 from Cisco website and install. When I try to install, it showed it won't support on current OS (windows

7). So I run the application as "troubleshooting compatibility". I can go ahead and download but half way I got an error message which I attached here.

Please help me to proceed to next step.

Regards

Prasanth Thomas Abraham

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

brian1mcc
Level 4
Level 4

The CCX client configuration tool, is just a configuration tool .. it does not intall CAD or CSD on your PC. After you have successfully run the configuration tool you will be able to download CAD and CSD from Tools -> Plugins -> Cisco Unified CCX Desktop Suites.

Be sure to right click the setup file and run as administrator

Brian

View solution in original post

Admin guide says,

"The following licensing options are available for the Unified CCX system:

Unified CCX Standard (designed for entry-level users)—Includes the steps necessary for creating basic Unified CCX applications including IP Phone Agent (IPPA) and skills-based routing and does not include Cisco Agent Desktop (CAD)."

So in addition to the steps suggested by brian lets make sure that you have licensed the server correctly.

Regards,

Shirish Patil.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

brian1mcc
Level 4
Level 4

The CCX client configuration tool, is just a configuration tool .. it does not intall CAD or CSD on your PC. After you have successfully run the configuration tool you will be able to download CAD and CSD from Tools -> Plugins -> Cisco Unified CCX Desktop Suites.

Be sure to right click the setup file and run as administrator

Brian

Admin guide says,

"The following licensing options are available for the Unified CCX system:

Unified CCX Standard (designed for entry-level users)—Includes the steps necessary for creating basic Unified CCX applications including IP Phone Agent (IPPA) and skills-based routing and does not include Cisco Agent Desktop (CAD)."

So in addition to the steps suggested by brian lets make sure that you have licensed the server correctly.

Regards,

Shirish Patil.

Thanks Brian and Shirish for the reply.

As you guys suggested, i will check if the license file on the server is valid or not.  Am also attaching the UCCX Plugin page where i can't see the cisco agent desktop option.

Apart from license, is there any other possible issue for not showing the CAD setup file on web browser. Can i get CAD 8.5.1 setup from any other place other than UCCX web browser.

Regards

Prasanth Thomas Abraham

I understood the problem. Since am new to UCCX, didnt knew about the licensing.  Standard license doesnt support CAD.

Anyway thanks Brian and Shirish