cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CAD automatically changes from not-ready to ready

rbirkeland
Level 1
Level 1

We recently upgraded from a standalone UCCX 8.0 server to a virtualized 8.5. Since the upgrade to virtual the contact center is experiencing something new. An agent will put themselves in ā€œnot readyā€ to make a personal call or call someone internally and when they hang-up they automatically get placed into ready status. Then the phone rings of course.

I compared the Contact Service Queue Configuration settings  between old & new servers and they are the same. Automatic work is enabled and wrap up time is enabled.

Is there something different between 8.0 & 8.5 on VM I'm missing? Bug or feature?

Thanks,

Rolf

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

brian1mcc
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Check the 'automatic available' setting on the resource (appadmin -> subsystems -> rmcm -> resource -> agent). Im not sure why this would change after an upgrade, this setting was there in v8 too.

Accept the default (Enabled) to automatically put the agent into the  Available or Ready state after the agent finishes a call and disconnects.

Note When a logged on agent in Ready, Not Ready, or Work state  answers a call, the agent's state is subject to the Automatic  Available setting.

Brian

Please rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

brian1mcc
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Check the 'automatic available' setting on the resource (appadmin -> subsystems -> rmcm -> resource -> agent). Im not sure why this would change after an upgrade, this setting was there in v8 too.

Accept the default (Enabled) to automatically put the agent into the  Available or Ready state after the agent finishes a call and disconnects.

Note When a logged on agent in Ready, Not Ready, or Work state  answers a call, the agent's state is subject to the Automatic  Available setting.

Brian

Please rate helpful posts

Brian,

I double checked the old server and it had the same default setting of enabled for Automatic Available as the new server. I did a test with the CC supervisor by disabling her Automatic Available and had her get into the queue and take a call, then go into not-ready and place a call. It worked! When she hung up the call she did not go into a ready state.

I don't understand why it would need to be configured differently from one version to the next to make it work properly, or improperly for that matter. I just hope there isn't an underlying issue somewhere else I need to worry about. Tre-bizarre.

Thanks for your help.
Rolf