Views
Helpful
Replies

CAD to Finesse migration of 3rd party web service

vladpetra
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

I am working on a migration of a client from UCCX 10.6 with CAD to UCCX 12 with Finesse. 
Their internal team developed a web service that is running on CAD with no issues. When I've embedded the web service into Finesse, some of the JavaScript commands stopped working.

Can you please advise if there are any known issues when embedding JavaScript web applications into Finesse iFrame?

Thanks in advance,

Vlad

2 Replies 2

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The only known "issue" is the fact that if the webpage doesn't allow itself to be embedded in an iframe, it won't load (clickjacking prevention). Other than that, there aren't any known issues.

I'd recommend using the browser's developer tools to see the exact error that is causing these problems.

Thanx,

Denise

Thank you for your reply.

We were able to identify where the javascript is failing. The problematic event function that does not work is windows.onbeforeunload. This event is working in CAD to save some data when the call is ended and the window is being refreshed. In Finesse, the window is not refreshing as the gadget embedded into an iFrame.
For now we ended up with saving the data every 2 seconds when the agent filling the forms.