Views
Helpful
Replies

Calculating abandoned calls in CUCCX 8

shikamarunara
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I suspect that this is an frequently asked question; why am I getting a different number for calls abandoned on the Cisco Supervisor statistics than in Cisco Historical reports?  In Historical Reports the number apears to be greater than in the Cisco Supervisor Desktop.  This is a very plain, vanilla CSQ implementation, just wondering why there's a difference?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Graham Old
Level 7
Level 7

Abandoned calls split into two main areas.

First someone dials up, listens to the welcome message and hangs up before the call is queued to an agent. (Before the select resource step).

Second someone hangs up in the queue while waiting for an agent.

The historical reports abandoned call reports includes the first and second case.

The supervisor and the historical reports that work with CSQ count this second case.

I would hope that a historical report on a CSQ and the supervisor count would match.

The other thing to be careful of involves the way that you script. Calls that arrive out of hours need to be marked as handled in your script or they will be counted in the first case.

Second if you allow callers to drop out of the queue and leave a voicemail be careful of how you handle that.

Graham

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Michael Turnbow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Most commonly there is a misunderstanding of what is really being reported for the different reports.  What report are you referring to in the history reports and how does that relate to what you are looking at in supervisor desktop?

There are good reasons why reports will show different values and the difference is most always found in what is actually being reported per the specific report.  It's very hard for this reason to match a RTR with a historical report because they are coming up with the numbers (in this example abandoned calls) in a different way and for a different purpose.

For example:

Say in the Supervisor RTR you are looking at abandoned calls for the Team 'Sales' and in the Historical reports you are looing at the Abandoned Calls Summary Report looking at the Sales CSQ.  It may seem like the same thing but one is reporting on a "team" and the other is reporting on a CSQ.

So check to see what is being reported on first.  Here is the documentation for the historical reports.  Chapter 3 is where you want to look.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_0/user/guide/uccx801HRug.pdf

Then if you still believe there is some difference please post back with some details about the difference to help us isolate what may be happening. Screenshots, attaching a report, etc...

Graham Old
Level 7
Level 7

Abandoned calls split into two main areas.

First someone dials up, listens to the welcome message and hangs up before the call is queued to an agent. (Before the select resource step).

Second someone hangs up in the queue while waiting for an agent.

The historical reports abandoned call reports includes the first and second case.

The supervisor and the historical reports that work with CSQ count this second case.

I would hope that a historical report on a CSQ and the supervisor count would match.

The other thing to be careful of involves the way that you script. Calls that arrive out of hours need to be marked as handled in your script or they will be counted in the first case.

Second if you allow callers to drop out of the queue and leave a voicemail be careful of how you handle that.

Graham

Thank you, Graham, that's kind of what I reasoned.