Views
Helpful
Replies

Call distribution to skill group

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi All,

I have reports of uneven call distribution to some of my customers skill group (queue to skill group). The complaints says that some particular agents receive more calls than others even when the others are available and ready to take calls.

To understand what is going on I ran the agent attendance historical CUIC report to capture the agent stats for one of the skill groups. Attached is the scree capture of the report. Here is a summary of what I see.

1. There are three agents in this skill group.

2. On March 2, Agent 1 took 10 calls, Agent 2 took 5 calls and Agent 3 took 7 calls.

++ However Note that Agent 2 was in an available state longer than Agent 1 ++

Also note that there is a filed "RedirectedCalls" of 5.  I looked up what this field represent and here is the definition:

During the interval, the number of ACD calls to the skill group that rang at an agent's 
terminal and redirected on failure to answer

This suggests to me some form or RONA. However when I looked at TCD table, the calls didnt RONA and only 5 calls were presented to the agent for this time frame.

Attached is the TCD  query..

My questions are

1. What is this RedirectCalls field and why is it appearing here even though no calls to this agent was redirected

2. What is the best way forward to identify why Agent 1 seem to be receiving more calls even when other agents in the skill group are "Ready"

Thank you

Please rate all useful posts
4 Replies 4

Run an agent state report and see if the other two agents are going not ready ready for a split second to get to the bottom of the queue. That would mean that they are ready longer, but they are always the least longest available which means they will not get a call until everyone else is busy.

david

Hi David,
Thanks for the suggestion. I can't seem to find an agent state report. I see Agent historical, agent summary but not this. Is this in stock reports?

Do you see an Agent Not Ready report in your environment?

david

Thanks David, I ended up using agent queue interval report. Which highlighted the issues. A combination of RONA, Agent spending long time on outbound calls and agent availability issues

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: