Views
Helpful
Replies

Call forwarding with CAD embedded browser

Maxim Denisov
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I trying to implement call forwarding for a link in UCCX CAD browser. I can dial a 91234567 number with a link "http://#*91234567" but I need to forward a call coming from CSQ. How can I do this?

Finally I want to initiate a outgoing calls to a sequence of numbers by clicking a link in CAD browser and when the call will be answered I need to connect incoming call to answered outgoing call. The agent should be disconnected after clicking a hyperlink. Is it possible? I have no idea how to associate hyperlink with a UCCX script. Can you suggest me where to look?

Maxim

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

I think your enterprise data fields are preserved between calls looped around like this... the calls have the same 'sessionid', and the 'sessionseqnum' increments...

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

wow - I don't like your chances at all.

Can you do this today with the UI? Especially the last one. I could imagine with a multi-line phone you could put the customer on hold, dial from the other line till someone answered, and then merge lines - but not on a Cisco IP phone I don't believe.

With a contact center agent app you are going to have to start a series of consults and when someone answers, transfer. And you want this automated through a hyperlink? What about through a Work Flow / Task Button? (Not sure it's possible either)

Regards,

Geoff

Hi

Geoff's correct - the click to dial stuff in CAD is basically click to 'start a call', not transfer. So you'd have to start a second call using that hyperlink and then complete the transfer using the Join from the handset. Which gives you two problems:

- You're juggling two methods of controlling the phone (CAD and phone UI) which makes it very unfriendly

- Join is an 'unsupported agent action' meaning your reports will probably go wobbly

I have experimented with this a little and the best I could come up with for transfers was populating the CAD phone book with the user/number info for transfers so they can just use CAD, doing simple consult transfers using the phone control buttons. Still a little clunky, and probably not what you are looking for if the content you intended to supply to CAD was dynamic...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thank you for reply.

Now the question is more general - is there a way to forward call answered by agent to UCCX script and transfer some parameters?

I mean the scenario when agent received a call, collected information and stored it in external system. Than he pressed action button in CAD which does blind transfer to trigger with UCCX script which can retrieve and process information from external system. Is it possible to pass some parameters to this script, some kind of session id?

Hi

I think your enterprise data fields are preserved between calls looped around like this... the calls have the same 'sessionid', and the 'sessionseqnum' increments...

Regards

Aaron

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: