Views
Helpful
Replies

Call forwarding

Ela_68
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I am configuring a new hotline in UnityConnection.

My question is: one of my targets is already an agent who is a member of a contact center. and this call should be forwarded to another agent if he is not available.

Is it enough if I forward the call to his number in callManager?

Or should I have to do something different?

I would appreciate any ideas on my question.

With kind regards

Ana

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If your apart of a contact centre and is not available, meaning that you’re not in a ready state, you would not get any calls from the CC queue.

What I would think that you would do is to have multiple DNs assigned to the CC agent device(s), one for the CC service and another for other calls, and use the none CC DN for the calls from the new setup that your building. With this you should be able to control forwarding as for other calls when it is made to the none CC DN.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

If your apart of a contact centre and is not available, meaning that you’re not in a ready state, you would not get any calls from the CC queue.

What I would think that you would do is to have multiple DNs assigned to the CC agent device(s), one for the CC service and another for other calls, and use the none CC DN for the calls from the new setup that your building. With this you should be able to control forwarding as for other calls when it is made to the none CC DN.

Response Signature

@Roger Kallberg makes notes some good points below, but have you also considered simply moving the hotline to the contact center as well, to make it consistent? Presumably this is UCCE/PCCE or perhaps UCCX?