Views
Helpful
Replies

call history gadget : Services associated with the 3rd party gadgets

poonam.menon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am looking into the call history gadget.

I want to capture the hold time ,talking time , not ready time and ready time.Hence all the actions related to the dialog.

Unfortunately I am not able to see the services that support it.

Kindly advise.

Regards,

Poonam

5 Replies 5

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Poonam,

Are you referring to the Call History Sample gadget? Or just saying that you want to build your own call history gadget?

There isn't an API/event that directly gives you this information. Data must be stored in memory to support it.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise,

I am referring to the call history sample gadget.I wanted to add additional functionalities to it.

For example,

dialogs = user.getDialogs( {

onCollectionAdd : handleNewDialog,

onCollectionDelete : handleEndDialog

});

As per my understanding, the functionalities onCollectionAdd is invoked when a dialog starts and onCollectionDelete ends when the dialog ends. Are they custom functions of finesse?Is there anything that helps to handle the ongoing dialog such as any rest service that helps to track the user actions?

What I had observered is that when the action like hold is clicked on the ongoing call, the handler handleUserChange is invoked.

user = new finesse.restservices.User({

id: id,

onLoad : handleUserLoad,

onChange : handleUserChange

});

Hi Poonam,

This sample gadget was written by Brad McAllister so I don't know the ins and outs of it. But, for your specific question, you are correct that the onCollectionAdd is invoked with the dialog is added and onCollectionDelete is when it is removed. If you are looking for the method that is invoked when the dialog is updated, it is here:

dialog.addHandler('change', _processCall);

This is adding a handler for when the dialog is changed. In Brad's code, it calls the _processCall method.

I hope this helps.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise,

I wanted to capture the hold time ,talking time , not ready time and ready time.Hence all the actions related to the dialog.

Are there any apis in finesse that supports the working?

Also , is there any document available  that shows the  apis that is supported by finese for 3rd party gadget.That document will be useful while developing.

Regards,

Poonam

Hi Poonam,

There aren't APIs that supports your request directly. What I mean is that there isn't an API that you can just call and it gives you the information. You would have to store and calculate that information yourself.

The Finesse REST API documentation can be found here: https://developer.cisco.com/site/finesse/docs/guides/rest-api-dev-guide

The Finesse JavaScript Library API documentation can be found here: https://developer.cisco.com/site/finesse/docs/guides/javascript-library/

Thanx,

Denise

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: