cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Priority

Kerry Krueger
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I have been looking for an answer to prioritze employee calls coming into a particular queue. I have checked the Cisco CCX guides and not coming up with much.

We are using UCCX 8.5 Premium and I need to make the following happen;

If we have employees’ press 1 after going into the AP queue, we want their called flagged with a higher priority and by pass any other callers on hold.

See the attached document.

Thanks for any help that can be offered here.

14 Replies 14

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

normally, you would use the Set Priority step - I don't see the relevant part of the script, so it's just a guess that you are sending the call to a queue. Its default priority is 1. You may want to increase it for a certain types of calls, based on a condition, e.g. if CED = 1, then Set Priority = 5.

G.

We have employees and vendors that call our Accounts Payable queue. If vendors are in the queue, we want employees to move in front of the vendors to be answered first. I saw the Priority Step but not sure how to configure it for the employees to press one.

I don't understand. "how to configure it for the employees to press one" - you want to use something like the Get Digits Step or Menu step. Again, I don't see the whole script so it's kind of hard to tell you what to do.

Is this about changing the call priority or about getting user input? Or both?

G.

You should probably post a picture of your script.  The priority step is pretty stright forward.  Also, what is preventing vendors from pressing 1?  Without knowing more and if it was me doing this, I would have a seperate number where my employees call and prioritize calls only from that number.  Or if you have a database with all your employees numbers, I would do a DB lookup on the ANI and prioritize on that.

david

David is on to it. Instead of using everyone's ANI/a DB lookup, set up a separate number for employees to call and add it as a second trigger for the same application. If the called # ANI matches the "special" employee number, increase priority.

That would let you use a simple IF statement where if the called # ANI matches a variable like calledANI, the true branch reprioritizes the call, and the false branch continues on normally with no prioritize step.

Something like in the attached picture.

Not sure how to add the script as a picture here.

Any luck with the script, Kerry?

Not sure how to get the script on here if there is no file attachment. What do you recommend to get it displayed here?

In the top right of your reply window should be a link that says "Use advanced editor" - click that and there will be an option to attach items.

Attached is a Word document with the full script and variables.

At what point in the script do you want to identify calls that should be re-prioritized? Right away, or only when routing to particular departments/menu options?

Only when they press opion 4. The prompt will say if you ara an employee, press 1, then the call will move ahead of the others waiting in the queue. All others that don't press 1 will go into the queue also.

We want our employees to move ahead of any ventors that call.

Okay, so here is what I'd do:

On the menu step where callers/employees can press 4, add a sub menu step where you prompt employees for their access code, or just press # to skip. The # choice puts them into queue as normal, and if they enter 1 [the access code] use the Prioritize Step to increase the priority [default priority is a 1, so maybe set it to 5] and then dump it to queue. It will be answered before P1 calls.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: