Views
Helpful
Replies

Call pull mechanism in UCCE 8.5

s.palanivel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Currently we are using Cisco UCCE 8.5 environment. We have got the below requirement from customer.

System should have flexibility to assign switch between Push and Pull mechanism for accepting calls.

Is it possible for supervisor to pull a call from skil group queue and assign to a agent in his/her team ?

Thanks,

Palani

7 Replies 7

Senthil Kumar Sankar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I dont think so there is an option for Supervisors to pull the call from Queue and assign it to the agent.

Actually the agents are not available for taking calls, that is the reason the call is Queued, if the Supervisor could identify that the Agent can handle the call, he can change his state to Ready State and have the call assigned to him.

If the Supervisor want to assign the call to an Agent in different Queue apart from the SkillGroup where the call actually Queued, then i believe there would be lot of concerns in reporting as well. If you want to do so, do a Overflow to another SkillGroup in the ICM Script.

Regards,

Senthil

Thanks Senthil for the reply.

This request comes up with pretty much every requirements session I've had with customers.  What the customer wants is to be able to see all calls in queue and be able to pull one of those calls out and send it to a specific agent.  This is not possible, I've talk to some people and some say it should be possible, but the amount of work to get it going is huge and I've never heard of anything actually implementing it.

david

Good ol' Cherry Picking of calls. What would be the identifying characteristic of the calls you would want to pull out? Something such as ANI? Or is the intention more about clearing a single call out of a queue without having to temporarily skill an agent to get a call out of the queue?

I believe the idea is to pull the most oldest waiting call in the queue and assign it to an agent.

Thanks David for the reply. I too believe this is not possible.

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hmm, that's an interesting concept. Actually, kind of complicated, yes, but I guess with GED-125 one can build a queuing solution that would be able to do that.