Replies

Call Redirect and the ability to return call to Get Digit String

Sergey 1907
Level 1
Level 1

Hey All

Help please me

I can't figure out how to implement:
The call through the Call Redirect Step has successfully gone to the employee, his phone rings, but he is not there. I want to inform the caller in 10 seconds that the employee is not present and offer to dial another number (return to Get Digit String) or connect to the operator (Go To Label). I do not use Finesse and I would like to do without ACD

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Use the Call Consult Transfer step instead.  It will allow you to specify a time for how long you wish to ring the phone before asking the caller for what they want to do next.

View solution in original post

When you say "continue waiting on the line until the next timer expires" do you mean that you would try to ring the original person for another 10 seconds?

When you specify "Without using the menu step" my first question is why?  My second question is, if you want the caller to press 0 for the operator, then you have to collect input some how, and there's only like three steps I think which can handle user input, one of which is the menu step.

Something like this might work as a rough draft solution:

Ask for Number to Call:
number_to_call = Get Digit String (--Triggering Contact--)
  Success
    Make the Phone Call:
    Call Consult Transfer (--Triggering Contact--, to number_to_call, 10sec)
      Success
        Goto End of Script
      Timeout
        Goto Consider Next Action
Failure
Play Prompt (--Triggering Contact--, "invalid number, try again")
Goto Ask for Number to Call
Failure
Play Prompt (--Triggering Contact--, "sorry, routing to operator now")
Goto Call the Operator Consider Next Action: Menu (--Triggering Contact--, "no one answered, more choices") 1- A New Number to Call Goto Ask for Number to Call 0 - Operator Goto Call the Operator Timeout
/* This is the "continue waiting" option, which requires no action by the caller */ Goto Make the Phone Call
Failure
Goto Call the Operator

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Use the Call Consult Transfer step instead.  It will allow you to specify a time for how long you wish to ring the phone before asking the caller for what they want to do next.

Hey Anthony

Can you make a scheme like this:
At the end of the timer, the caller is given a choice:
dial another number
press 0 to communicate with the operator
continue waiting on the line until the next timer expires

Without using the menu step )

I understand that the call should be on hold while the caller is thinking what to do. What if the employee still picks up the phone, the conversation begins.

When you say "continue waiting on the line until the next timer expires" do you mean that you would try to ring the original person for another 10 seconds?

When you specify "Without using the menu step" my first question is why?  My second question is, if you want the caller to press 0 for the operator, then you have to collect input some how, and there's only like three steps I think which can handle user input, one of which is the menu step.

Something like this might work as a rough draft solution:

Ask for Number to Call:
number_to_call = Get Digit String (--Triggering Contact--)
  Success
    Make the Phone Call:
    Call Consult Transfer (--Triggering Contact--, to number_to_call, 10sec)
      Success
        Goto End of Script
      Timeout
        Goto Consider Next Action
Failure
Play Prompt (--Triggering Contact--, "invalid number, try again")
Goto Ask for Number to Call
Failure
Goto Call the Operator Consider Next Action: Menu (--Triggering Contact--, "no one answered, more choices") 1- A New Number to Call Goto Ask for Number to Call 0 - Operator Goto Call the Operator Timeout
/* This is the "continue waiting" option, which requires no action by the caller */ Goto Make the Phone Call
Failure
Goto Call the Operator

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: