cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Redirect from UCCX to PSTN Disconnects...

rohanpatel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am having a stange issue. To give some background, belos is the call flow:

1. Caller calls the toll free number.

2. They are asked to enter their reps 3 digit area code and depending on their area code, call will be transferred to their respective cell phones

3. Area codes and and their cell numbers are saved in an xml file.

When I call the trigger from an internal phone and enter their 3 digit code, it transfers to cell phone. But the issue is when I call from PSTN and enter area code, my call disconnects after I entering the area code.

Not sure where to start looking. Any suggestions will help.

Thanks,

Rohan            

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you able to transfer an external call from your deskphone to another offnet number? If not there is a Service Parameter called "Block OffNet to OffNet transfers" that may be preventing this.

Are you using Local Route Groups? If yes ensure that the ingress gateway/trunk's Device Pool has a Route Group assigned to it that can reach the pattern as-dialed by CCX. A CTI Redirect operation functions like a Call Forward which does not using the redirecting party's LRG but the original calling party. This can be changed with a new Service Parameter in 9.0. Using a Call Consult Transfer step would be another way to sidestep this issue.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

I can transfer call OffNet without any issues. This call flow works fine when I dial the trigger internally, but when a call from PSTN calls and when the time comes to transfer OffNet, it gets disconnected.

I don't have any LRG in our infrastructure. I am not sure how consult transfer works, so if you can shed some light would be great or if you have any other suggestions, that would be great as well.