Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Redirect issue

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Everyone,

A call redirect to voicemail works perfectely well when the 10 digits trigger is dialed but it does not work when the 1-800-xxx-xxxx is dialed. When the 1-800 number is dialed, the reactive debug shows the call goes to unsuccessful step of the call redirect but when 10 digits number dialed the call redirect transfers to UC Pilot and resets to Voicemail extension with no issue . I attached the script for your review.

Not sure if we are hitting the following bug:

https://quickview.cloudapps.cisco.com/quickview/bug/CSCtq31122

Thanks,

MK

9 Replies 9

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Sorry forgot to mention:

UCCX version 8.5.1.11004-25

MK

Hi Deepak,

Sorry for the confiusion.

The trigger is 10 digits created on UCCX for local dialing. There's a 1-800 number associated with the 10 digits number as toll free.

When 10 digits number is dilaed a menu is played giving the available options. When the callers press 1 then 3 a prompt gets played inviting callers to leave a message, the caller can hear the beep but 2 seconds after the call gets disconnected after hearing the message "Sorry is not availalbe, Goodby". when the toll free number (1-800-xxx-xxxx) is dialed and the options 1 followed by 3 is selected the same prompt plays but the call ends immediately without hearing the "Sorry is not availalbe, Goodby" message. So, in both cases the call gets disconnected before being able to leave a message.

Thanks,

MK

Hi again,

Everything works well with the attached script unit it gets to "Call Redirect to Pilot_UC which is the Unity Connection Pilot Number and reset to BV_Resto which is the voicemail extenison in the Unity Connection. It's a very simple script but I don't seem to understand why it's not working. Could you please review the script and let me know if anything has been done wrong.

The call fails at Call redirect Under "Reservation" step.

Thanks,

MK

Hi Deepak,

I am stll having issues with this script. Could you please review the script and let me know if there's any missing?

Regards,

MK

MK, as your ultimate goal is to send the call to BV_Resto 1312709 hence you should be using Call Consult Transfer step that is a Consult Transfer type for this instead of Call Redirect which is a Blind Transfer type

Destination

Drop-down menu/Expression Editor string variable that stores the extension to which the call is to be transferred.

Output Digits

DTMF digits to outpulse to the destination after the destination answers and before the transfer is completed.

Attached is the modified version of your script.

Regards

Deepak

Thanks Deepak,

Now, it works when calling the trigger from Inside but does not work when calls are coming from outside. I know it looks more like a CSS and Partition issue. The GW contains the partition of the trigger, the CSS of the trigger contains the partitions of the UC_Pilot and the voicemail ports. Is there anything else that I have to check?

Thanks,

MK

Please make sure that GW contains the partition for UC_Pilot and VM ports as well.

Regards

Deepak

Yes It does.

Thanks,

MK

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

10 digits trigger is dialed but it does not work when the 1-800-xxx-xxxx is dialed.

MK what exactly do you mean by above statement. Is the trigger number a 10 digit number or 1-800-XXX-XXXX created on UCCX and also can you point out the step which is failing in the script.

Regards

Deepak