cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call routing to certain skilled agent driven by caller input

mperreault
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having trouble trying to figure out the best way to route calls to agents from a caller input, then send to a higher skilled agent based on that input. For example:

Prompt: For Customer Service press 1, for Warranty, Press 2, for All other inquiries press 3.

Inputs:

1. Route to agents with Minimum skill level of 5

2. Route to agents with minimum skill level of 9

3. Route to agents with minimum skill level of 2

I want higher skilled agents to be able to field calls in a lesser skilled group as well.

What's the best way to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance....           

4 Replies 4

Senthil Kumar Sankar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Are you asking about UCCX or UCCE ?

UCCE : In the newer version of UCCE, you can make use of Precision Routing,

Precision Routing provides multidimensional routing with simple  configuration, scripting, and reporting. Agents are represented through  multiple attributes with proficiencies so that the capabilities of each  agent are accurately exposed, bringing more value to the business

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Precision_Routing_Release_9.0%281%29

Not sure how it happens in UCCX

Regards,

Senthil

We're using CCX not CCE

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

for each Resource, you can assign a Skill and a Competence Level (1:Beginner aka least skilled, 10: Expert aka most skilled). When configuring Contact Service Queues (CSQ's), you can use the Resource Pool Selection Model - if set to "Resource Skills", then you may want to use the "Most Skilled" or "Most Skilled by Order" (if you happen to route calls to multiple skills in one CSQ).

I know it's a bit complicated at the first sight, but actually, UCCX gives you granular control over calls.

G.

I've setup that part correctly, but I'm struggling with how I can force the menu selection from caller input to route to agents of different skill levels in a single queue. I'm thinking that I may need to setup multiple queues and have the agents skilled accordingly.