cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call shows as abandoned on multiple CSQs

adrian.carolan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. We have a contact center line where the team want calls that have queued on the primary CSQ for 20 seconds to start queuing a second CSQ. I've done this but now find that where a call abandons it is recorded in supervisor as an abandoned call for both CSQ's.

Can this be handled differently to prevent the abandoned call showing on the secondary CSQ?

We are using IPCC Express v5.01

Many thanks.

Adrian

4 Replies 4

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

The Abandoned Call Detail Activity Report contains all abandoned calls (CCD.contactDisposition = 1) for a specific timeframe, regardless of whether or not calls were presented to a CSQ. The Contact Service Queue Activity Report (by CSQ) has only

abandoned calls that were presented to the CSQ.

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can try using an On Exception GoTo step to catch the contactInactive exception. After the GoTo label you could add a Dequeue step to try and gracefully dequeue the contact from additional CSQs before ending the script.

Example

Accept

On Exception (contactInactive) GoTo ABANDONED

...other logic

Select Resource

...other logic

Label ABANDONED

Dequeue (CSQ_B)

Dequeue (CSQ_C)

[Do not dequeue the contact from the first CSQ!]

Goto END

Terminate [You must skip the Terminate step in this case or the script will loop back to the On Exception step.]

Label END

End

Jonathen,

I need a help with this.

I have the  same scneario except that, if both CSQ1 and CSQ2 are busy on calls, the  call should be queued and routed to the first available agent in either  of these CSQs.

Now I am getting the same duplicate  abandoned call entries in both CSQ and if I dequeue it from CSQ2 and if  the call is not abandoned and a CSQ2 agent goes ready, the call will  still be in queue right ?

Can you give a solution.

Thanks

Abraham

Solved this problem by changing the design.

No more multiple CSQs instead Competeny level on skill based routing from a single CSQ

Simple and easy

Abraham.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: