Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Start - StartCallInterface - CVP

juber.mulani77
Level 1
Level 1

I have created below class.

But when I try to access these session variable either in decision class or cvp design. Its always gives an error.

Also i am not able to see logs in Activity logs which i have added for test purpose.

Kindly suggest is anything i am missing?

Thanks in advance

import com.audium.server.AudiumException;
import com.audium.server.proxy.StartCallInterface;
import com.audium.server.session.CallStartAPI;

public class CallStart implements StartCallInterface {

public void onStartCall(CallStartAPI callStartAPI) throws AudiumException {
        // PUT YOUR CODE HERE.
        try {

callStartAPI.setSessionData("maxtry", (Object) "2");
            callStartAPI.setSessionData("maxtry_prompt", (Object) "maxtry.wav");
            callStartAPI.addToLog("Test", "wirting logs for test purpose");

} catch (Exception e) {
            // TODO Auto-generated catch block;
            callStartAPI
                    .addToLog("call_start", "error found " + e.getMessage());
        }
    }
}

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

whatever custom element we write for CVP must either be uploaded to application directory on VXML server or to VXML servers common directory.

this is how VXML server can see your custom element and execute the code when required.

please upload it under C:\Cisco\CVP\VXMLserver\common\

individual class files will go under classes directory and jar files will go under lib directory.

if you dont see folder with the name "classes" and copy the start class you have written in the folder.

then restart the VXML server.

i will assume you have configured the same start class in application configuration under endpoint setting.

i would highly suggest you to read CVP VXML programming and administration guide available online.

Chintan

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chintan Gajjar
Level 8
Level 8

i would suggest to remove ths (object) casting and keep it string.

have you added the class in your application configuration in call studio under endpoint settings.

please add it there.

also have you uploaded this class in VXML severs common directory?

Chaitan thanks for reply.

I have tired with removing casting (object) but still no luck.

No, I have not uploaded class in VXML common Servers directory.

As i am very new to CVP, could you please tell me what is the exact address of VXML Servers common directory?

Is it right path? - CVP\VXMLServer\common\classes

whatever custom element we write for CVP must either be uploaded to application directory on VXML server or to VXML servers common directory.

this is how VXML server can see your custom element and execute the code when required.

please upload it under C:\Cisco\CVP\VXMLserver\common\

individual class files will go under classes directory and jar files will go under lib directory.

if you dont see folder with the name "classes" and copy the start class you have written in the folder.

then restart the VXML server.

i will assume you have configured the same start class in application configuration under endpoint setting.

i would highly suggest you to read CVP VXML programming and administration guide available online.

Chintan

thank you very very much :)

i was missing application configuration under endpoint setting.

Its working fine now, thanks a ton again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: