Views
Helpful
Replies

call studio 11.0 hang. not connecting. [solved]

e.gailiss
Level 4
Level 4

Hi!

I have encountered strange problem with Call Studio 11.0. Normally, when trying to debug CVP application , after build in VXML server has started I would press connect in "Voice application" view and see my application starting and pausing on breakpoint. This time after pressing "connect" nothing happens - eclipse is working, but nothing else happens.

When I terminate debugger and try to debug again, after server start, "connect" button does not activate at all.

Any ideas where  and what to look for to solve this?

Thanks!

Solution.

Problem was in .metadata in workspace. Delete .metadata folder in workspace, re-switch to that workspace and re-import all projects.

12 Replies 12

Chintan Gajjar
Level 8
Level 8

have you tried to increase java memory (maxpermsize)?

In which file do I do that?

I'm not sure that it is memory problem. I have tried creating a very simple application (just CVP subdialog start -> audio -> CVP subdialog return) and result is the same.

Is there a file where I can see any activity/errors that eclipse plugin is doing?

if its not hanging then it must be failing somewhere where you are doing debug, what message you see when you connect? "system error" something like this should appear. 

I don't get anything back when I press connect. Just "connect" button gets disabled and that's it. No messages, no errors, nothing. I don't see my app connecting to server either.

Only message I got was when I tried terminating debug session, I got message:

An internal error occurred during: "Execute Debug Command".
java.lang.NullPointerException

It's obviously eclipse plugin failing to do something, but where do I check for that? Also, this is when "connect" has already failed, so main problem has already happened.

could you just paste the screenshot of debug window when you press connect.

also please paste the audium logfile from here 

C:\Cisco\CallStudio\eclipse\workspace\.metadata\.plugins\com.audiumcorp.studio.core

I attached screenshots of eclipse when debug is ready and after I pressed "connect". 

Also, I checked .metadata\.plugins\com.audiumcorp.studio.core\audium.log

There is nothing interesting there - just notification from startup that license is not found. that indded is true - I'm using it in trial mode right now. There is nothing from time I started debug.

!ENTRY 10014 4 4 0 0 Apr 04, 2016 09:11:31.736
!MESSAGE No valid software feature license found for Call Studio.
!STACK 0
com.macrovision.flexlm.FlexlmListException: Error List Returned (-513,4052) ; Can't Find License File (-1,4042) (/C:/Cisco/CallStudio/eclipse/plugins/com.audiumcorp.studio.license/license/studio.license)

Log entry has time 9:11, I started debug 9:15. any other log file I could check?

Try without any break point and check if you are able to see anything on the console.

Without breakpoint set, result is the same. To me it looks like voice browser just does not make any attempts to connect to server.

for me everything works fine, but i am on 10.5.

lets try with some other logs, the runtime logs are generated at here:

C:\Cisco\CallStudio\eclipse\plugins\com.audiumcorp.studio.debug.runtime\

AUDIUM_HOME is for application specific

and CATALINA_HOME is for server specific folder.

can you please attach/check logs available on above folder.

also if possible please paste the message you see in debug window from start when you initiate the debug.

For me 10.5 was working as well. Since re-install to Call Studio 11.0, I have problem with debug.

In AUDIUM_HOME app logs are empty, except for Admin log which contains only one message ".... server started".

Which files should I look into in CATALINA_HOME ?

I'm attaching console window content when I initiate debug. But I don't see anything suspicious there.

As I further investigate the problem, it seems to be connected to workspaces and/or java version on the PC. For example, I have java version 1.7.0_80 (debugger does not work) and customer has java 1.7.0_51 (debugger works).

I figured it out. It turned out to be problem with workspace. Something in .metadata was not right. I removed .metadata folder. Re-imported all projects back and now debug works.

Thats cool, solving problem by yourself.