Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Studio 11.6 Installation Question

Is it possible to install Call Studio 11.6 on the same box as Call Studio 10.0? We are going through an upgrade to UCCE 11.6 in the near future and have a requirement to maintain both versions of Call Studio on my local machine. Currently when I try to install Call Studio 11.6 I get an error message stating that I have to uninstall the old version and reinstall the new one since upgrades are not applicable.

5 Replies 5

Andrew West
Level 4
Level 4

The Solution Design Guide really clears up things like that. Think of it sort of like the SRND around HCS, PCCE and UCCE.

The guide can be found here: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/icm_enterprise/icm_enterprise_11_6_1/Design/Guide/ucce_b_soldg-for-unified-cce-116.html 

I looked through the document link you sent but that does not answer my question. My problem to solve is how to have two different versions of Unified Call Studio installed on the same PC. The installation application for Unified Call Studio 11.6 throws an error when it detects that another version of Unified Call Studio is already present on the same machine.

Just my $.02, but in this type of situation I've used two machines, one for the old and one for the new. You probably are backing up Studio anyway to avoid losing your source code, so why not have it on another machine so you can be sure you're good, that there are no dependencies on underlying software, etc.?

I agree with Bill - another 2 cents - that's what we have always done. Install 11.6 on a new machine. Copy over the projects one at a time and import them so they are upgraded to the new platform. Keep the existing projects as they are on the old Studio.

Regards,

Geoff

I emailed Rich instructions on how I've done it before, but I'm not 100% sure if there are any background issues. Hopefully he is able to try it out and then give me know if it worked or not, then I can post the solution for the world to see.

david