cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Studio 12 can't find jre 8 classes

skarahasan
Level 1
Level 1

We are hitting bug CSCvq13638, but the workaround offered by TAC doesn't really help much (TAC suggests to install a seperate ide and move it to CallStudio afterwards). Are there any other solutions for this which you can think of?

Issue:

We import our existing Java Projects into Call Studio 12. After building the application we get the errors below.

Errors:

The project was not built since its build path is incomplete. Cannot find the class file for java.io.ObjectInputStream. Fix the build path then try building this project

The type java.io.ObjectInputStream cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files

The type java.lang.CharSequence cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files

When we import the application, Call Studio puts the JRE library from Eclipse defaultly and this is JRE 8 as i understand from this path (C:\DEVEL\Cisco\CallStudio\eclipse\jre\bin)

If we change the Jre path to Jre 7, errors disappear but in this situation it means we can not work with Java 8 libraries.

As we search from internet, there ara some recommendations like removing the default jre and adding the same jre again, but it doesn’t work for us. Some developers say that this is a bug with Eclipse, and in the link below it says that Eclipse is only compatible with Java 8 after version 4.3.2 but our Call Studio’s Eclipse version is not upgraded, it’s again 3.7.2.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/24727428/eclipse-error-java-lang-charsequence-cannot-be-resolved/28989940

And the other issue is when i open and build the same application in Netbeans IntelliJ ide with Java 8, there is no problem again. So i think this can be a bug with Eclipse version and Java version.

5 Replies 5

janinegraves
Spotlight
Spotlight
Cisco's stance (when I asked recently) is that you'll have to use a different IDE to develop and compile the Java 8 code.
But you can test it in Studio 12, and it'll work with the Studio Debugger and VXML Server.

I just got this from a former student:

Just to let you know, I found tools that I can use to build the JAVA classes outside of Studio Eclipse:

1. Visual Studio Code
2. Maven 3.3 (builds a nice project that is easy to build and creates a jar file pretty quickly).
3. Java SE Development Kit version 8

I was able to create the maven project quickstart archetype by using the maven command prompt interface outside of VS Code. I was also able to add the 4 jar files from the CVP server into my Maven project (pom.xml) pretty easily. I was then able to see our custom elements appear in call studio correctly.

You might also just install JRE 1.8 and then in Studio go to Window > Preferences. And select Java > Installed JREs.
Then press Add and point to the jre folder (eg, C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Java\jre1.8.0)

You might also just install JRE 1.8 and then in Studio go to

Window > Preferences.

And select Java > Installed JREs.

Then press Add and point to the jre folder (eg, C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Java\jre1.8.0)

I'm not sure if this will actually work when you start loading in custom jar files. But it's worth a try.

Long time Janine Hope you are doing well.

Unfortunately, that doesn't work either.

In v 11.6(1), this was not an issue but upon migration to 12.5.1, compiling custom jars breaks. I have tried all possible combinations with JDK/JRE 1.8 from Oracle but no luck. I also have the Zulu Open JDK installed but Call Studio does not recognize the JRE/JDK for Open JDK.

So does this mean we have to build all custom code outside of Call Studio using other versions of Eclipse that support JDK 1.8 from Oracle and/or other Open JDK like Zulu JDK and just dump their finished product JAR file into Call Studio's Debug runtime for any custom CVP components built using Call Studio?

Please advise.

Yes, install another IDE and compile the code there. Then copy the compiled files to your studio app.

In class we use "eclipse ide for developers" and it's exactly like using studio's eclipse so an easy transition

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: