cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Studio - Form element grammar URL with ampersand

sbalmos8089
Level 1
Level 1

I know ampersand is one of the 5 reserved characters in VXML. However, I am trying to figure out how to properly escape the ampersand in a voice grammar URL of a Form element. If I try to escape the ampersand with &, validation will still fail in the Call Studio project because of the & in the escaping &. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You could try saving it in Call Studio without the &.

Deploy and then edit the raw XML file for this element and add it back in (i.e. "&")

Then test and see if that works.

If it does you could log a TAC case as it would be a Call Studio Bug.

Gerry

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Quigath
Spotlight
Spotlight

Did you try a regular backslash prefix? \&

Gerry O'Rourke
Spotlight
Spotlight

Try &

See this link for similar issue in XML (rather than VXML).

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1328538/how-do-i-escape-ampersands-in-xml-so-they-are-rendered-as-entities-in-html

Regards,

Gerry

Yes, I have tried both escaping \& and the usual XML escaping with &. Call Studio seems to be validating literally on the presence of & in the string, so neither escapes pass muster. This would be really annoying, but I am going to try adding in the & into the URL of the deployed element XML file before I load the app onto the server.

You could try saving it in Call Studio without the &.

Deploy and then edit the raw XML file for this element and add it back in (i.e. "&")

Then test and see if that works.

If it does you could log a TAC case as it would be a Call Studio Bug.

Gerry

Yup Gerry, that's exactly what was I testing this morning. And that does work. I'll have to decide now whether or not I really want to go through the handwaving of TAC and convincing them it really is a bug. ;) Thanks!

Log it as a bug for all our sakes!

Just give your Call Studio Version,

• Sample App1 (one that does not validate)
  • Sample App2 - which DOES validate
  • this second one with the manually edited files showing that App1 should have validated - and that it works

It it works when deployed you have proved that this is not a VXML issue or VXML Server Issue or a VXML browser issue.

It is 100% a Call Studio Issue.

Also show a Screen shot of the validation error

and point them to this URL Community post and ask TAC to discuss with the BU.

Gerry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: