cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Studio - Form element grammar URL with ampersand

sbalmos8089
Level 1
Level 1

I know ampersand is one of the 5 reserved characters in VXML. However, I am trying to figure out how to properly escape the ampersand in a voice grammar URL of a Form element. If I try to escape the ampersand with &, validation will still fail in the Call Studio project because of the & in the escaping &. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You could try saving it in Call Studio without the &.

Deploy and then edit the raw XML file for this element and add it back in (i.e. "&")

Then test and see if that works.

If it does you could log a TAC case as it would be a Call Studio Bug.

Gerry

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Quigath
Spotlight
Spotlight

Did you try a regular backslash prefix? \&

Gerry O'Rourke
Spotlight
Spotlight

Try &

See this link for similar issue in XML (rather than VXML).

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1328538/how-do-i-escape-ampersands-in-xml-so-they-are-rendered-as-entities-in-html

Regards,

Gerry

Yes, I have tried both escaping \& and the usual XML escaping with &. Call Studio seems to be validating literally on the presence of & in the string, so neither escapes pass muster. This would be really annoying, but I am going to try adding in the & into the URL of the deployed element XML file before I load the app onto the server.

You could try saving it in Call Studio without the &.

Deploy and then edit the raw XML file for this element and add it back in (i.e. "&")

Then test and see if that works.

If it does you could log a TAC case as it would be a Call Studio Bug.

Gerry

Yup Gerry, that's exactly what was I testing this morning. And that does work. I'll have to decide now whether or not I really want to go through the handwaving of TAC and convincing them it really is a bug. ;) Thanks!

Log it as a bug for all our sakes!

Just give your Call Studio Version,

• Sample App1 (one that does not validate)
  • Sample App2 - which DOES validate
  • this second one with the manually edited files showing that App1 should have validated - and that it works

It it works when deployed you have proved that this is not a VXML issue or VXML Server Issue or a VXML browser issue.

It is 100% a Call Studio Issue.

Also show a Screen shot of the validation error

and point them to this URL Community post and ask TAC to discuss with the BU.

Gerry