Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Subflow path

Nliya53887
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to call the subflow that is in a different directory and it's giving the following error.

Parent script is in /IVR

SubScript is in /Aspect

"SCRIPT[Aspect/"+ SubScriptName +"]" - This is what I want to set the path as for sub script, but it adds parent path to it.

What is the correct syntax to set the path?

path.JPGException.JPG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sean Lynch
Level 7
Level 7

You are so close.  If you are going to reference the 'subflow Script' named in a different or any other directory or sub directory, you need to treat it like a variable of type String.  Unless representing the path using other variables it would look something like this:

2020-0328-subdirectorySubflowReference.png

...everything inside the SCRIPT keyword brackets in parenthesis--  SCRIPT["..."]

Alternatively if you want to use named variables, format like this:

2020-0328-subdirectorySubflowReference2.png

This example uses named variables as type String that will need to be created in the variable pane below prior to use:

2020-0328-subdirectorySubflowReference3.png

Notice, the parenthesis are around the String data in the variable pane and not in the subflow SCRIPT keyword setting for the subflow palette item in the script.  Think, "Syntax of using Strings in subflow settings..."

Lastly, the SCRIPT reference (with sub-directories) can come from the directory itself if you use the editor button, in the subflow editor to drill down to the script you intend to use as your subflow:

Right-click to open the properties of the Subflow palette item and then open the expression editor:

2020-0328-subdirectorySubflowReference4.png

Select Script tab for Script variables:

2020-0328-subdirectorySubflowReference6.png

Select the Browse Scripts button on the Script properties tab/page:

2020-0328-subdirectorySubflowReference7.png

Drill down to the subdirectory where your subflow script is saved:  Script Repository/default/Sample (in my example):

2020-0328-subdirectorySubflowReference7b.png

Select 'default' then the 'Open' button (sorry, missed circling this one in red like the ohers):

2020-0328-subdirectorySubflowReference7c.png

'Sample' subdirectory :  select your script name and click Paste:

2020-0328-subdirectorySubflowReference7d.png

Your SCRIPT properties will now be properly set for you application after you click the 'Okay' button:

2020-0328-subdirectorySubflowReference7e.png

Click the 'OK' button to assign this to your Subflow palette item:

2020-0328-subdirectorySubflowReference8.png

Your subflow is now properly set for the subdirectory from which you selected. No quote marks necessary...  (reference second subflow in image below):

2020-0328-subdirectorySubflowReference10.png

One last recommendation, be precise when working with variables of type String--well, any variable type really.  They are spelling and case sensitive. Typos can be a real bugger if you don't type them in perfectly--best practice and recommendation: use the drop-down options to select named variables from lists / in the expression editor after they've been created.  

Hope this helps.

-Sean

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Sean Lynch
Level 7
Level 7

You are so close.  If you are going to reference the 'subflow Script' named in a different or any other directory or sub directory, you need to treat it like a variable of type String.  Unless representing the path using other variables it would look something like this:

2020-0328-subdirectorySubflowReference.png

...everything inside the SCRIPT keyword brackets in parenthesis--  SCRIPT["..."]

Alternatively if you want to use named variables, format like this:

2020-0328-subdirectorySubflowReference2.png

This example uses named variables as type String that will need to be created in the variable pane below prior to use:

2020-0328-subdirectorySubflowReference3.png

Notice, the parenthesis are around the String data in the variable pane and not in the subflow SCRIPT keyword setting for the subflow palette item in the script.  Think, "Syntax of using Strings in subflow settings..."

Lastly, the SCRIPT reference (with sub-directories) can come from the directory itself if you use the editor button, in the subflow editor to drill down to the script you intend to use as your subflow:

Right-click to open the properties of the Subflow palette item and then open the expression editor:

2020-0328-subdirectorySubflowReference4.png

Select Script tab for Script variables:

2020-0328-subdirectorySubflowReference6.png

Select the Browse Scripts button on the Script properties tab/page:

2020-0328-subdirectorySubflowReference7.png

Drill down to the subdirectory where your subflow script is saved:  Script Repository/default/Sample (in my example):

2020-0328-subdirectorySubflowReference7b.png

Select 'default' then the 'Open' button (sorry, missed circling this one in red like the ohers):

2020-0328-subdirectorySubflowReference7c.png

'Sample' subdirectory :  select your script name and click Paste:

2020-0328-subdirectorySubflowReference7d.png

Your SCRIPT properties will now be properly set for you application after you click the 'Okay' button:

2020-0328-subdirectorySubflowReference7e.png

Click the 'OK' button to assign this to your Subflow palette item:

2020-0328-subdirectorySubflowReference8.png

Your subflow is now properly set for the subdirectory from which you selected. No quote marks necessary...  (reference second subflow in image below):

2020-0328-subdirectorySubflowReference10.png

One last recommendation, be precise when working with variables of type String--well, any variable type really.  They are spelling and case sensitive. Typos can be a real bugger if you don't type them in perfectly--best practice and recommendation: use the drop-down options to select named variables from lists / in the expression editor after they've been created.  

Hope this helps.

-Sean

Sean Lynch
Level 7
Level 7
Very strange. I replied to this yesterday with an in-depth discussion with examples. Where did my reply go?

Did anyone see it?

-Sean

Yes Sean, I noticed something was amiss because I thought your post was
outstanding and went back to the forum to click helpful and didn't see it
there. Maybe try to repost it just to make sure it gets out there. Thanks
again for your detailed response!

Thank you. I appreciate it. It's back today... I dunno what happened...

Sincerely,
Sean

Hi Sean,
I still see your detailed response. Very helpful! Thanks a lot!

You're welcome. Something weird going on with the site... It disappeared yesterday. I can see it today, now, also.

Best wishes.
-Sean
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: