Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Transfer between Skills

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Everyone,

I am writting a UCCX script which has 8 options from the main menu. Let's say we have:

1) Support French

2) Support Enlish

3)  Sale French

4) Sale English

The available agent with Support French skill receives a call and needs to transfer (requeue) the call to Sale French queue.

The way that I am thinking accomplishing  this task is to create 8 mini scripts (applications) and assign a trigger to each application which will create a CTI Route Point in CUCM which in turn will allow the possibility of transfering  (requeuing) to different CSQ.  The solution that I believe would work will have:

1 main script which includes all CSQs for people calling from outside.

and

8 mini scripts (triggers) for 8 differnt queues for agents to transfer (requeue) calls.

I am looking for a way of accomplishing this task from the main script without going through of creating additional scripts.

I would appreciate a sample script which will point me to the right direction.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

MK

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

MK,

Simply create 8 Route Points on UCCX and for all of them, choose one Main Application. Remember, you can associate multiple triggers with one single application. Even if the caller is already answered, agent will still be transferring to one of the triggers that is associated to the main application.

This way, the main script will get triggered again and then you can do the check using the Get Call Contact Info step on the called number and use the Switch step to send call to different Select Resource step.

In your script, I have added the Get Call Contact Info step through which I will capture the called number (This is the number that agent will dial) in a variable named DNIS. Then I am using the Switch step wherein if the called number is 2000, call will go to connection 1 and so on. After this, I have added Label 1 Label 2 and so on inside your Menu Option SAS_Commande_Fr, SAS_Retour_Fr so that different Select Resource can be triggered from diffeerent CSQs.

Hope this clears it now.

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

MK,

You can create as many number of ports as you want, UCCX will not restrict you on that. However you will only be able to use the number of ports for which your system is licensed. What this means is that you can create 200 ports however system will still allow you to use only 110 ports at a given point of time. One inbound call consumes one inbound CTI port and as soon as an agent answers that call, the port is released. This way ports keep on getting assigned and becomes free when an agent answers the call. Outbound ports are used for IVR based Outbound Dialer and works on the same concept as inbound IVR ports. In nutshell, till the time you do not have 110 calls (inbound or outbound) waiting in the queue to either connect to an agent or an application at the same time, the further calls coming in or going out of Call Center will not fail.

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

Personally, I would do a single script and have your different triggers go to different queuing sections of your script. That way you can utilize the same queue treatment without having to do it in 8 scripts.

david

How would you use a signle script to accomplish that? Would you have a sample script to share?

Thanks,

MK

Hi MK,

First of all, create all those 8 CSQs, assign resources to those CSQs, create Route Points in CCX. Associate all those 8 triggers to one single application that will trigger the main script. Now comes the actual part that you will configure in the main script.

Simply use the Get Call Contact Info step in the main script to fetch the Called Number. Based on the called number, use a Switch step in the script and then create all those 8 connections or more as per your requirments and then use a Select Resource step for all of those 8 connections to transfer the call to different CSQs/Agents.

Sample script attached.

Regards

Deepak

- Do Rate Helpful Posts -

Hi Deepak,

Thank you for helping me out.

When you say associate all those 8 triggers to one single application, do you mean to create translation pattern to point all triggers to the main trigger? Don't forget the caller is already answered by one of the agent. All the agent wants is to transfer to another CSQ and the caller should not hear the welcome prompt again.

I am attaching the script, where would you insert the part that you sent me?

Thanks,

MK

MK,

Simply create 8 Route Points on UCCX and for all of them, choose one Main Application. Remember, you can associate multiple triggers with one single application. Even if the caller is already answered, agent will still be transferring to one of the triggers that is associated to the main application.

This way, the main script will get triggered again and then you can do the check using the Get Call Contact Info step on the called number and use the Switch step to send call to different Select Resource step.

In your script, I have added the Get Call Contact Info step through which I will capture the called number (This is the number that agent will dial) in a variable named DNIS. Then I am using the Switch step wherein if the called number is 2000, call will go to connection 1 and so on. After this, I have added Label 1 Label 2 and so on inside your Menu Option SAS_Commande_Fr, SAS_Retour_Fr so that different Select Resource can be triggered from diffeerent CSQs.

Hope this clears it now.

Regards

Deepak

Thanks Deepak,

It's very clear now. Will test it tonight and will let you know.

MK

Hi Deepak,

I did a quick test and it worked. This is gonig on production this weekend.

Huge thanks to rossporubski and David. (+5) for each of you.

MK

Glad it worked, thanks for the points.

david

A quick question for you guys:

I have 11 applications where I have assigned 10 CTI ports for each and my total licensed ports is 110 (premium). I have to add another 10 applications with 10 CTI Ports assigned to each this weekend. It looks like I am already at my max.

When we say 110 ports, does'nt it mean 110 simutanious incoming or outgoing calls or just the fact that I have assigned 110 ports  the next incoming or outgoing call will be dropped?

Can you please shade some light on this.

Thanks,

MK

MK,

You can create as many number of ports as you want, UCCX will not restrict you on that. However you will only be able to use the number of ports for which your system is licensed. What this means is that you can create 200 ports however system will still allow you to use only 110 ports at a given point of time. One inbound call consumes one inbound CTI port and as soon as an agent answers that call, the port is released. This way ports keep on getting assigned and becomes free when an agent answers the call. Outbound ports are used for IVR based Outbound Dialer and works on the same concept as inbound IVR ports. In nutshell, till the time you do not have 110 calls (inbound or outbound) waiting in the queue to either connect to an agent or an application at the same time, the further calls coming in or going out of Call Center will not fail.

Regards

Deepak

You're the man, thanks my friend.

MK

Welcome MK. Keep the questions coming whenever you need any help.

Regards

Deepak

Awesome, glad to hear everything worked out. Good luck!

Glad it worked for you MK. Keep posting whenever you need help.

Regards

Deepak